Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Joe Garner Steps down  (Read 4050 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Joe Garner Steps down
« on: November 16, 2015, 10:37:26 AM »

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/11/bt-openreach-loses-ceo-joe-garner-at-pivotal-point-for-telecoms-giant.html

In a surprise move BT has confirmed that the Chief Executive Officer of their Openreach division, Joe Garner, is step down in order to take on the same role at the Nationwide Building Society. The switch comes at a pivotal point for the telecoms giant, which is facing the possibility of a split from BT group.

admin - fixed link
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:45:43 AM by kitz »
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Joe Garner Steps down
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 11:49:34 AM »

Not been there long has he? 

Moving on to a totally different industry, which just goes to show that CEO's these days dont need to have an in-depth knowledge about the product that the company they are in charge of is all about.   :'(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 11:51:15 AM »

The obvious comment is does he know something we don't? !!

Interesting to see who takes on the role.
I would bet that someone internal (to BT Group) is moved into the job.

Interesting times.  ;D

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 02:40:12 PM »

I nominate Black Sheep  :D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 03:15:10 PM »

LOL ….. looking at the 'Business speak' that was used in the other announcement we received about changes in mid-management, I would be lost within seconds.

I have to say, I think (without GOOGLING) that this is the shortest tenure we've had of a CEO. I really don't know what JB brought to the party, we didn't get info filtered to us anyway near as much as with other CEO's in the chair. Whether this was down to Joe's way of working, or Openreach's, I wouldn't know ?

But, as soon as we minions see that changes are happening yet again, we roll our eyes and just know somebody will take over who is 'Really excited about the future' and how they will 'Listen to the guys at the frontline'. All b0llocks. It just means new processes will come in as the new management tiers try to put their stamp on their new role. Seen it a million times over  ::) ::)

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 03:29:42 PM »

He might even over-provision cabs!!!!!   ;)Sorry, couldn't resist.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »

;D ;D

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 05:03:13 PM »

There will be new improved response times at both Nationwide and BT/Plusnet. Nationwide will increase from 30 seconds to 15 minutes, and BT/Plusnet to 55.5 minutes. For email replies please read weeks for minutes.

We believe customers will recognise the value in these amendments to service levels.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) in increasing my and my successor's  dips in to the trough. >:D

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 06:12:25 PM »

But, as soon as we minions see that changes are happening yet again, we roll our eyes and just know somebody will take over who is 'Really excited about the future' and how they will 'Listen to the guys at the frontline'. All b0llocks. It just means new processes will come in as the new management tiers try to put their stamp on their new role. Seen it a million times over  ::) ::)
BS got it in one to the letter.  :lol: :lol:
Has anyone NOT followed this Standard Process when taking over ?
So annoying when you know it is not heartfelt at all just Management 101.  >:( >:(
So wasteful of everyones time to jump through all the new hoops setting up new processes, while the 'New Management Team' are trying to jockey for position (and settle old scores) before the new CEO has got his/her feet under the table.
Also been there done that and collected the full set of T-shirts.  ;D ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 07:36:19 PM »

wow that's a short tenure.

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 08:19:18 PM »

Not been there long has he? 

Moving on to a totally different industry, which just goes to show that CEO's these days dont need to have an in-depth knowledge about the product that the company they are in charge of is all about.   :'(

As in an ex executive of Asda running a UK bank which had a few financial problems and needed tax payer support.

Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 10:40:46 PM »

I second the nomination of BlackSheep

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 12:26:44 AM »

Bring back Liv Garfield, she are the best person for Openreach future for superfast broadband.

Meanwhile, are we going to see the new Openreach FTTC product next spring 2016 with up to 100/30 from 80/20?

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 08:14:28 AM »

As in an ex executive of Asda running a UK bank which had a few financial problems and needed tax payer support.

Not sure I understand that, Nationwide is NOT a bank but a building society and to my knowledge did not have any tax payer support...... or are you referring to a previous job he had?

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 03:18:23 PM »

Not sure I understand that, Nationwide is NOT a bank but a building society and to my knowledge did not have any tax payer support...... or are you referring to a previous job he had?

Stuart

Sorry - I was being a little opaque. I was referring to other examples such as Andy Hornby and HBOS.
Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2
Pages: [1] 2