Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: windows 10 games  (Read 4439 times)

Jgun

windows 10 games
« on: November 12, 2015, 02:38:38 PM »

I upgraded to W/S 10 in July without any problems. Until recently I have been able to access Mahjong & the solitaire collection
but they have suddenly stopped working. I have tried downloading them again from the store without success. Has anyone any idea how I can rectify this problem?

AArdvark

• Kitizen
Re: windows 10 games
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 08:26:03 PM »

Do you get any Error messages or are there any clues in the Error logs after you try to run the progs. ?

With win 10 it could be a temp fault until the next updates are made etc.
Things are broken & fixed all the time and you just have to be patient sometimes.
(This is the downside of updates happening all the time without your control.  :( )

Jgun

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 09:19:46 AM »

Thanks for your reply.
I had no error messages or any other clues. As you say, it might be better to wait a while to see whether it resolves itself. I did try the M/S forum but this didn't help.

Jgun

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 02:21:34 PM »

Further to my recent post I have just seen that W/S 10 first big update is due to be released on Thursday. Maybe this will solve the the problem & any others which people have

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 02:39:06 PM »

Eric

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 02:44:04 PM »

:lol: :lol:

Jgun

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 02:05:34 PM »

Despite the flying pigs etc. I have now received the November update & guess what! My problem with games & a few other niggles has been sloved!!Thanks for your advice.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 03:34:42 PM »

I'm pleased to hear it, and I take back the flying pig. :)
  Eric

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 11:45:25 PM »

I am just cutted that i'll have to wait until 2016 to play "Rise Of The Tomb Raider" on the PC, though my gaming days are fading but TR will always have special place on the hard drive  :blush:

Jgun

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 02:54:44 PM »

Further to my original post regarding the games all was well for sometime but I now find that the store update fails to work & as a result I have lost my games again.
It just shows three updates 'waiting download' & when I click on 'install' nothing happens. Can't seem to resolve this problem so can anyone help please?

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 03:58:02 PM »

A facebook friend mentioned this in a post she did recently about solitaire now not being available. It sounded similar to your issue.

This is what annoys me. W10 has lots of good things about it. But its like microsoft are that busy trying to clamp down on security that it doesnt seem to concentrate on getting the OS working correctly.

I had to manually downloaded the big 1151 update. It didn't appear in the windows update or anything. I've never stopped any previous updates yet it just wasnt there. Luckily I know a little bit how windows works, but most people wont and will just accept things. A few years down the road this could be M$'s biggest disaster, and we could all end up paying the price.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Jgun

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 02:36:59 PM »

Quite agree. Thanks for your reply.
 I had a problem with W/S 10 updates but managed to fix it & as a result I now have solitairre & mahjong back again. How long for I don't know but here's hoping!!

anything