Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Thunderbird Emails.  (Read 2825 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Thunderbird Emails.
« on: November 05, 2015, 11:28:10 AM »

I use Thunderbird for my emails.

I'm dealing with a firm that too successful having sent 5 emails and lots of unanswered phone calls I finally got though yesterday after two weeks of trying, I had been sending emails with drawing of what I want making and the chap admitted that they are getting hundreds of emails a day and same with the phone calls and most are being ignored.

Does anyone know a way of making your email stand out eg. like flashing the email message they see in there browser on and off or having it in red !.

Something that makes it stand out from the rest but it must not be seen as 'spam' !.

I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Thunderbird Emails.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 11:58:47 AM »

You could try increasing the priority.   I don't think it the effect of doing so, on the receiving mail client, is terribly predictable.  But depending on whatever client or GUI they are using at the receiving end it might, just might, make it more eye-catching?

From Thunderbirds 'New message' screen pull down Options->Priority.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 03:01:47 PM »

I was at there factor two weeks ago and remember seeing what looked like windows xp logo  :o
I had a look on the email meta data from them but could not see anything about browser type.

re.."'New message' screen pull down Options->Priority." no options or priority !.

Found it . 'Write' new email then 'options' then 'priority' = High , see if that did any good.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »

re.."'New message' screen pull down Options->Priority." no options or priority !.

Found it . 'Write' new email then 'options' then 'priority' = High , see if that did any good.
:)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 03:16:30 PM »

:)

Just sent them another email as I forgot something you have to set the priority again as it went back to normal.