Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What's Going On Here?  (Read 1645 times)

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
What's Going On Here?
« on: February 18, 2016, 09:20:07 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've just got a query about the Upstream ES total on the Errored Seconds graph on MDWS. Is it normal and why is it that the ES Upstream total increases day after day?

Thanks!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: What's Going On Here?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 10:45:12 PM »

Yep.

I warned you in the other thread a few days ago that when the DLM starts relenting then your errored secs will go up... and that the zero errored seconds you were getting was a false situation only because youd been so heavily DLMed.

On the 16th DLM switched off G.inp bearer 1 (from 4 down to 0) on your upstream.  Behind the scenes its gradually returning your line to normal behaviour.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 07:15:27 AM »

Yep.

I warned you in the other thread a few days ago that when the DLM starts relenting then your errored secs will go up... and that the zero errored seconds you were getting was a false situation only because youd been so heavily DLMed.

On the 16th DLM switched off G.inp bearer 1 (from 4 down to 0) on your upstream.  Behind the scenes its gradually returning your line to normal behaviour.

I understand. But, as you can see by the "UPTIME" figure, the line hasn't resynced since this increase in ES. So, why are they going up day by day when there's no DLM intervention?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 08:46:39 PM »

DLM switched on on the 16th, so not a full day.   Variance of a few is normal and no day is ever the same.

For some reason Ive forgotten how to view cumulative E/secs to see what happening today.

Your traffic light on the left is all green. So you shouldnt worry. 

btw I had a resync last night for no reason  I notice I got something like 24 Errors during the resync.   My traffic lights are amber and Im not worried.  I will worry if they go red.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker