Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Fastpath / G.INP / latest HG612 firmware  (Read 1612 times)

mrpops2ko

Fastpath / G.INP / latest HG612 firmware
« on: October 26, 2015, 05:55:38 AM »

I wasn't sure which subsection to put this in as it spans different questions. (also feel free to correct me if I have any information wrong)

So I am currently on fastpath (you can see my stats on mydslstats).

I was reading in a thread that it is possible to have both fastpath and G.INP enabled on your line - is this true? I thought G.INP was a form of interleaving, although one that has almost no additional latency hit.

My cab is G.INP enabled, I was on G.INP for quite some time before I got my DLM / line reset. [I got DLM'd due to using the old blob of the HG612 firmware for 3 months, with massive CRC errors]. From being G.INP enabled, I noticed that my upstream speed dropped. I could no longer reach 19.5 - 19.9 upstream speed. I was getting capped at 18.5

If it is possible to be both on fastpath and G.INP enabled - then DLM must do some form of assessment. (Such as enabling it on your line to test if you have it). I really do not want to go and lose that additional 1 - 1.5mbit on my upstream.

My question then, is it possible to disable G.INP support on the latest HG612 blob? I'm sure I recall it being possible to disable bitswapping and theres even a command to set your own sync speed, so one would assume a similar command exists to disable G.INP.