Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Activation Of FTTC.  (Read 1584 times)

Geek.

• Just arrived
New Activation Of FTTC.
« on: October 15, 2015, 06:26:57 PM »

A long time lucker and new poster  :)

I have learnt many things about the telecom industry from what i have gleaned from all your many posts on this fourm you have all put up over the years :thumbs: :)

But now i have made it into the new world of fttc. My line was activated on 13/10/20015 and just asking you for opinions from all you kind people on the condition of my stats as i am not too experienced on all the new stats available and still many new things to learn me thinks  :blush:

Also i measured the distance to my cabinet to approximately 150 metres also went and spoke to the openreach engineer as he was installing my line and he said i was the first in the cabinet and so looks like when others join my stats may change for the worse at some point but enjoying the speed so far compared from Adsl Max 8mb:lol:

Anyway i have added my stats for you all to look over to see if you see any thing bad?

i have been using Dslstats to collect the data and many thanks to the to the person/s who made this program as it is a great way to monitor our stats and i am using it with a Netgear D7000 with Zen Internet 80/20 Unlimited Fibre 2.

Many Thanks Geek.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: New Activation Of FTTC.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 06:47:09 PM »

Welcome to the forum :)

You're connected at the full 80/20 speeds (effectively) and your attainable speeds show that you have a lot of room for deterioration by crosstalk before there's any impact on your connection speeds. You need some more time to assess the error rates, but so far they look quite low.

I think you can sit back and congratulate yourself on a very good connection.
  Eric

Geek.

• Just arrived
Re: New Activation Of FTTC.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 09:08:37 PM »

Many thanks roseway :)

Also i added another snapshot around 50 hours in and the errors seam low so i hope it stays that way  :)

Geek.

anything