Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What to do? Asus DSL-AC68U Speed issues  (Read 11846 times)

KIAB

• Reg Member
Re: What to do? Asus DSL-AC68U Speed issues
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 09:23:35 AM »

Have you tried Merlinware firmware, there a new beta just out  378.56 Beta 2 (18-Oct-2015).

Might be worth a try.

fuzed

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2015, 01:16:18 PM »

Merlin is for NON dsl units... no support for the units with built in modems.

fuzed

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2015, 01:18:49 PM »

I thought I'd try the latest beta firmware just to see if anything's improved, sadly in my case it hasn't.

ECI DSLAM with fastpath, the connection managed to get over 11,000 CRC errors within 15 minutes (one or two massive CRC error spikes occurred while I was monitoring it). If and when G.INP arrives will only be the time when this device can work in a stable manner, or if your downstream happens to be interleaved and not fastpath.

how is the connection using the ISP supplied devices?  any differences, better?  Mine was good...

It's much better on the HG612, ECI /i or /r, the Fritz!Box 7490 and finally the Draytek Vigor 2860Vac (currently used). I typically get between 500 to 1000 ES daily on the Draytek, usually around 1000-1500 CRC errors, with the ASUS I managed to get more than 16,000 CRC errors in just over 7 hours of uptime on the latest unofficial firmware (DSL 1.0.3.2). The DSL-AC68U is fine provided you either have G.INP enabled on your DSLAM's port (which I don't, but you do) or the downstream path is interleaved and not fastpath.

Not sure what it could be to be honest, I think my setup is Fastpath, but I do have G.INP... have you tried the 'DSL_1.0.3.0' firmware, or just went for the newest? might be worth tyring that one if you haven't.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything