Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: I have an engineer coming but..  (Read 15437 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: I have an engineer coming but..
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 10:02:11 PM »

You mean this is expected? I've lost 10mbps in 2 months after a solid 36mbps sync for 135 days without resync (6dB SNR) and I'm still below the lowest estimated speed rating for my line. Ring

Crosstalk is a common reason for a loss of sync rate over time I would have thought you would have taken that into consideration  :-\

jasjeet

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 09:09:24 AM »

You mean this is expected? I've lost 10mbps in 2 months after a solid 36mbps sync for 135 days without resync (6dB SNR) and I'm still below the lowest estimated speed rating for my line. Ring

Crosstalk is a common reason for a loss of sync rate over time I would have thought you would have taken that into consideration  :-\

Stats today:

Code: [Select]
============================================================================
    VDSL Training Status:   Showtime
                    Mode:   VDSL2 Annex B
            VDSL Profile:   Profile 17a
            Traffic Type:   PTM Mode
             Link Uptime:   0 day: 1 hour: 47 minutes
       VDSL Port Details       Upstream         Downstream
               Line Rate:      7.650 Mbps       24.997 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate:      7.624 Mbps       24.998 Mbps
          Trellis Coding:         ON                ON
              SNR Margin:        6.0 dB           12.9 dB
            Actual Delay:          0 ms              0 ms
          Transmit Power:        2.2 dBm          11.2 dBm
           Receive Power:      -17.3 dBm         -15.1 dBm
              Actual INP:        0.0 symbols      51.0 symbols
       Total Attenuation:       19.5 dB           26.3 dB
Attainable Net Data Rate:      7.537 Mbps       38.650 Mbps
      VDSL Band Status    U0      U1      U2      U3      D1      D2      D3
  Line Attenuation(dB):  8.5    45.2     N/A     N/A    20.7    54.3    82.4   
Signal Attenuation(dB):  8.5    44.6     N/A     N/A    23.8    53.9     N/A   
        SNR Margin(dB):  5.8     6.0     N/A     N/A    12.9    12.9     N/A   
   Transmit Power(dBm):- 8.9     1.8     N/A     N/A     8.6     7.6     N/A   

Latest 1 day time = 15 hours 6 min 58 sec
FEC: 294628029 0
CRC: 2536 72
ES: 894 68
SES: 72 0
UAS: 59 46
LOS: 2 0
LOF: 2 0
LOM: 0 0

I'm finding it hard to believe since the errors and disconnects continue and the SNR margin is going up and up. Now I'm well outside of the estimated speeds again.

Also i didnt lose sync rate over time, it just happened one day after a solid period of stable internet, the line lost all stability and the speeds have dropped every few days, once recovering up to 30mbps and once to 34mbps.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:13:26 AM by jasjeet »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 05:13:50 PM »

It is very hard to see what going on with your line with just a few stats snapshots get yourself set up with MDWS and keep it monitoring 24/7 to see if there is anything that sticks out.

jasjeet

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 05:39:49 PM »

It is very hard to see what going on with your line with just a few stats snapshots get yourself set up with MDWS and keep it monitoring 24/7 to see if there is anything that sticks out.

MDWS?

I called sky again, and they are sending a BT engineer out again.

Edit
MyDSLWebStats -> I have been logging since yesterday actually, i think it needs a bit of time to appear on their site?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:43:17 PM by jasjeet »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 08:59:21 PM »

Edit
MyDSLWebStats -> I have been logging since yesterday actually, i think it needs a bit of time to appear on their site?

So another visit then this is a good opportunity to see what happens to this line after the engineer has been and gone  :hmm:

The only thing that looks odd is your FEC errors graph has a linear line with a constant amount of errors just below 1 million per minute.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:33:17 PM by NewtronStar »

jasjeet

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 09:26:19 PM »

Edit

So another visit then this is a good opportunity to see what happens to this line after the engineer has been and gone  :hmm:

Yeah, I'm in the UK this week but cant be at home, so not perfect but better.
Today there's been very little SES or CRC errors, but still massive amounts of FEC, possibly since interleaving was increased. It seems like the problem could be occurring at night, so hopefully the log can shed more light.

And yes FEC is 1 million per minute as far as i can tell.

Mum just put the phone down and noticed this (last 15 min (were 0 till now)):
Code: [Select]
CRC: 327 99
ES: 145 95
SES: 177 0
UAS: 153 0

Edit
SES and CRC still occurring after phone is down...

Edit 2
Line resynced at 10.02pm, now the FEC looks more normal, and SES and CRC have stopped. The sync speed didnt change though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:44:56 PM by jasjeet »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »

Just looking through your stats on MDWS there does seem to be quite a bit of noise on line G.INP leftrs is showing a constant flow of 60 for most of to-day, now I am not expert on this new G.INP stuff yet from others this a good indication to show if the DSL line is noisey.

This noise must be the reason why the sync rate has lowerd and yes a big spike of errord 1000 seconds yesterday but not sure that is the cause.

something is interfering with your parents line but what the cause is I dont know is it internal or an external OR fault on this line  :-\

jasjeet

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 07:46:58 PM »

Just looking through your stats on MDWS there does seem to be quite a bit of noise on line G.INP leftrs is showing a constant flow of 60 for most of to-day, now I am not expert on this new G.INP stuff yet from others this a good indication to show if the DSL line is noisey.

This noise must be the reason why the sync rate has lowerd and yes a big spike of errord 1000 seconds yesterday but not sure that is the cause.

something is interfering with your parents line but what the cause is I dont know is it internal or an external OR fault on this line  :-\

Yep i have no idea, the FEC is constantly at 1 million, then after resync close to 0 for some short period (30-60min) before returning to stupid high levels.

And the SES seems to occur in massive bursts.

Im just compiling all the graphs and data for the engineer tomorrow. Its very unusual, ive tried looking for anything in the house that could be causing an issue, but nothing has changed in my setup for atleast a year.

Its very unusual.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2015, 08:05:54 PM »

Yep i have no idea, the FEC is constantly at 1 million, then after resync close to 0 for some short period (30-60min) before returning to stupid high levels.

Scratching my head with your last post in bold wondering if it's the modem at fault.

jasjeet

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2015, 08:10:22 PM »

Thing is the problem started out on the Sky SR102, and I only just installed the Zyxel 8924 about a month ago.
Also, the Sky SR102 has been connected for a week since the BT Engineer last visited and the sync was degrading on that too.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2015, 08:21:33 PM »

Thing is the problem started out on the Sky SR102, and I only just installed the Zyxel 8924 about a month ago.
Also, the Sky SR102 has been connected for a week since the BT Engineer last visited and the sync was degrading on that too.

Good that rules out the modem we hope the engineer can find what's going on with this line  :fingers:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 08:31:54 PM by NewtronStar »

jasjeet

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 08:26:34 AM »

Back to 22mbps today =(
Really hope we figure this out.

jasjeet

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 12:50:08 PM »

So BT guy has replaced the master socket to a REIN something? And replaced the wire going into the home
And router has come back up at 32mbps, lets see what happens.

He also told me there is aluminium in the line from the telephone pole unfortunately.

He told me that he cant totally reset the DLM anymore, he sais they would usually reset it to the max profile ie 40/20, but now they cant even do that, and is instead set to what the ISP believe should be close to connection speed. He said to do it properly he would have to swap the cards at the exchange.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 01:49:55 PM »

He also told me there is aluminium in the line from the telephone pole unfortunately.
Oh really?!

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 02:45:36 PM »

So BT guy has replaced the master socket to a REIN something? And replaced the wire going into the home
And router has come back up at 32mbps, lets see what happens.

He told me that he cant totally reset the DLM anymore, he sais they would usually reset it to the max profile ie 40/20, but now they cant even do that, and is instead set to what the ISP believe should be close to connection speed. He said to do it properly he would have to swap the cards at the exchange.

He he he ..... I think there's been some misunderstanding of what has been said, or you've just been visited by Captain Bullsh1t ??

The REIN something, is most likely a MK3 SSFP. I assume you mean there is aluminium up to the telegraph pole, not from it ?? We tend to talk in terms of from the Exchange - Cab - DP- House ....... so if it was aluminium from the telegraph pole, it would be in the overhead wire.

When I do reset of a line, it automatically goes back to 'Open profile', always has done. Unless he has access to the Rambo profiles (which very few engineers do), he would have had to manually set the speeds via his laptop, or ring the DCoE to ask that they set the speeds to estimated figures ?? I've never know any engineer do that.

Swop cards at the Exchange ?? I haven't got the foggiest what that little nugget is about ?? 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

anything