Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Counters don't reflect graphs  (Read 3105 times)

pdes

Counters don't reflect graphs
« on: September 28, 2015, 01:05:25 PM »

My A/C is PDES.  It looks like the counter boxes aren't recording the data shown in the graphs.  I am looking at my CRC errors and there are a few but the CRC box continues to show "0".  Could someone explain please?

Thanks

tbailey2

• Kitizen
Re: Counters don't reflect graphs
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 01:25:57 PM »

My A/C is PDES.  It looks like the counter boxes aren't recording the data shown in the graphs.  I am looking at my CRC errors and there are a few but the CRC box continues to show "0".  Could someone explain please?

Thanks

Really helpful if you gave more info on what software you are referring to! However, I'll deduce it's  DSLstats and that you are looking at MDWS and the status panel at the top. Those readings are all instantaneous for alert purposes and update frequently so if your CRCs are low then you'll miss them 99% of the time.

You need to look at the B0CRC graph to see them such as they are....

Your SNRM doesn't look too good though ... You may be being clobbered by radio stations when it's dark...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:28:06 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

pdes

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »

Thanks for the response. I am using a Nighthawk D7000.  I have just swapped from a Asus DSL-AC68u and got another 2-3Mb!

SNR has always been a problem out here.  I have over a Km of old O/H to contend with.  I have had numerous BT folks test the line but they all say it's perfect! I suppose the low CRCs also suggest that there is no fault as such.  Very frustrating when the "physics" suggest that I could get 15-20Mb.  I see what you say about the timing though, it does look as though there is an early-hours attack!  We are in the middle of nowhere with no street lights so I guess I'll never know what causes it.

Cheers

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 10:14:05 PM »

There is also something on your DS SNRM it looks like it's internal you will notice a 1dB fluxuation when something is turned off and on i know it's not much but something to look into.

I have a HDMI to VGA adapter for the Rasperry Pi once connected it will reduce the DS SNRM by 1.5dB  :o

pdes

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 10:21:11 PM »

There is also something on your DS SNRM it looks like it's internal you will notice a 1dB fluxuation when something is turned off and on i know it's not much but something to look into.

I have a HDMI to VGA adapter for the Rasperry Pi once connected it will reduce the DS SNRM by 1.5dB  :o

I need to ask for some guidance here - What are you seeing?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 10:45:32 PM »

You will see the DS SNRM at 3.8dB then it drops suddenly to 2.8dB then suddenly rises back to 3.7dB and so on.

here is a pic with those odd SNRM drops.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:49:26 PM by NewtronStar »

pdes

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 08:21:35 AM »

You will see the DS SNRM at 3.8dB then it drops suddenly to 2.8dB then suddenly rises back to 3.7dB and so on.

here is a pic with those odd SNRM drops.

Thanks, got it.  I had just assumed that these were fluctuations due to poor quality copper from the cabinet.  When I had this looked at before, the rein man scanned for interference but found nothing.  I have also been around the house with the am radio but found nothing.  You will notice that the SNR dropped overnight and stayed there but has crawled back up this morning but no sign of the sudden peaks and troughs for some hours.

How can you tell that this is "internal" interference?

Thanks

David

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 11:37:57 AM »

How can you tell that this is "internal" interference?

Thanks

David

well for me there is sudden dip in the DS SNRM it occurs when i plug in the HDMI to VGA converter so there must be some kind of interference sent out and the modem/HG612 does not like it and it's only a meter away.

I plugged in the device and if you look in MDWS under user name :NStar you will notice the sharp drop in DS SNRM , thats what internal interference looks like.

pdes

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 12:06:11 PM »

Thanks - guess I need to start switching things off!  Looks like I had something just after 10:00 this morning but no-one's home!  I used to have a video sender that sometimes went nuts and blatted the whole wi-fi but this seems a bit more subtle.  Is there a set of docs that fully explains how to interpret these data sets?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 05:18:42 PM »

There is information into line stats on the Kitz site http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats_errors.htm this should help to explain a few things

anything