Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: HG612 Firmware - Killed access to management interface, what have I done?  (Read 1501 times)

urbanslayer

• Just arrived

Hello!  I have registered here in the hopes of some assistance. :)

I recently moved from Virgin Media to BT Infinity due to a house move, and have picked up a Huawei HG612 modem to replace the HomeHub 5 that BT supplied.  I followed all instructions and flashed the firmware successfully with the B030SP08 firmware and gained access to the management interface.

I changed one thing, and have since lost all access to the management interface on LAN2.  The modem still works after numerous reset attempts (holding the reset button down for over 10 seconds), re-flashing different firmware including the previous version and the original (and then putting the webgui firmware back on), but still, no access to the management interface. 

I cannot ping it, or access it via telnet either. 

What did I change?  I ticked the box for LAN2 under the Basic WAN settings and port binding.  Once I hit submit, that was it, nothing.

But, as I said, I can still plug it into the DSL line, create a PPPoE connection on my laptop and the Internet works fine. Plus I can flash the firmware using the "unlock" method, so I know I haven't bricked it completely. ;)

However, I am now completely stuck on what to do next. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: HG612 Firmware - Killed access to management interface, what have I done?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 02:54:57 PM »

can you get the recovery page to load again? if so reflash it.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 03:23:34 PM »

If all you've changed is a configuration item, you can reset the modem to its defaults. With it switched on, press and hold the reset button for several seconds (I think 5 seconds is sufficient) then wait for it to reboot.
  Eric

urbanslayer

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 04:32:36 PM »

Thanks both.  I have unfortunately tried this, and nothing changes.  I have held the reset switch down for quite a while (at least 10 seconds, if not longer), and I have never seen the Power light flash.  Even after doing so, I am still unable to access the management page.

I have also tried to reflash it, several times, with no change to the management page access.