Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Many KN vans  (Read 7545 times)

AArdvark

• Kitizen
Re: Many KN vans
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 06:31:32 PM »

"Never Mind the Quality, Feel the Width".

Remember it well.  ;D ;D :D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 06:35:39 PM »

"Never Mind the Quality, Feel the Width".

Remember it well.  ;D ;D :D

:D say no more

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 07:30:54 PM »

The only thing i can think of there is a new build site with five house's and they needed to lay new pairs underground from PCP cab to new houses and that's about halfway down to local exchange, but the big KN lorry had what looked like black old mangled tubes 3 inches in diameter.

Since they appear to be contracted to most of the copper and fibre laying in your neck of the woods for BT, then I think that sounds like a possible explanation.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

lcl00

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 10:44:49 PM »

KN do undertake the vast majority of work in NI for the laying of copper/fibre, along with other bits and pieces too.  I've had them install a phone line for me (but BT installed another one, so it's luck of the draw).  When my line was rerouted (that thing BT Openreach are insistent that they don't do!) all of the work up until the last bit was done by KN.  While their HQ is in Dublin, they've got a regional HQ somewhere in Dungannon.  You can try phoning them to ask what's going on, but I've done this before and unfortunately they're a bit tight lipped. :(

However, I will say that when I approach them (I do often - I'm nosey!), they're usually pretty friendly and will tell you what they know.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything