Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Zen drop outs tonight anyone?  (Read 2339 times)

michty_me

• Reg Member
Zen drop outs tonight anyone?
« on: September 23, 2015, 01:47:53 AM »

Anyone on Zen noticed any issues at all (Tuesday 23 Sept 2015)?
My connection has been up for 20 days without issue then tonight I've noticed my modem/router lights going orange indicating no connection. Logging into the modem showed no IP address or DNS available. It seems to be coming and going every so often. DSL stats doesn't show any re-sync though. What would that indicate?

michty_me

• Reg Member
Re: Zen drop outs tonight anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 12:31:48 PM »

It seemed to have stabilised around 3:15pm with no adverse effect on DLM. Not too sure what was going on.
Edit: Tried calling customer support and a recorded message stated that work was being carried out over night last night so will just leave it down to that. I'll monitor it over the next few days.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 12:36:32 PM by michty_me »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 12:51:24 PM »

It must have been just your PPP connection which dropped and reconnected a number of times. This may have been the result of last night's engineering work, but in any case it wouldn't affect DLM because the DSL connection wasn't affected.
  Eric

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 02:16:11 PM »

It must have been just your PPP connection which dropped and reconnected a number of times. This may have been the result of last night's engineering work, but in any case it wouldn't affect DLM because the DSL connection wasn't affected.

Ok thanks for that. Hopefully all back to normal now then.  ;D

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 02:55:22 PM »

Had similar started last night and early this morning it was Just PPPOE session drops So something on Zen's side , A bit odd though that it wasn't listed as planned maintenance ect & nothing showing for BT either for my area code ,Good job i wasn't doing some online gaming  i wouldn't of been impressed
At least the day time  increased jitter level i have been seeing has been near nil today , and both F8lure and the firebrick graphs are free from increased jitter and packet loss today as well, so whatever they did may of improved the quality over some links  i note that i'm connected to a different gateway that they had been using for their IPV6 trial , so maybe something to do with the trial, expanding it to all gateways ?

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 03:39:28 PM »

I did have a look online last night when it started but like you, Never saw anything that related to my area.

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 10:35:46 PM »

Any of you guys having issues with Zen tonight? I've got pings in the 140+ region and only getting throughput of 2-3MB for up and down.

anything