Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: what do you do when ISP says 2Mb/s is acceptable on FTTC (80Mb/s)  (Read 8705 times)

JackDinn

Re: what do you do when ISP says 2Mb/s is acceptable on FTTC (80Mb/s)
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 09:44:32 PM »

In general, getting out of a contract is a matter of taking a financial hit. Is that correct?

even if you can demonstrate the abysmal service beyond doubt , as i say there must be some absolute minimum % of your profile or sync.

I shall look into it it, maybe shoot of an email to A&A.

cheers all,

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2015, 09:50:16 PM »

You can also live chat to AA staff and other customers over IRC any time. There's a link on their website to a web-based IRC client, for convenience.

You can tweet them and SMS them too.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2015, 07:41:53 PM »

If that 2Mbps is each and every day then IMHO you have valid cause for complaint.

It does seem that you may have fallen foul of this this, because the hours you mention are not typical of usual peak time congestion.

It is important to note that this approach is unlike that of other broadband providers. In addition to managing traffic by type, customers can choose either Business or Family packages. Between the hours of 08:00hrs and 20:00hrs, Monday to Friday the traffic of Business package customers receives priority over that of Family package customers. Between 20:00hrs and 00:00hrs Monday to Friday the traffic of Family package customers receives priority over that of Business package customers

These are the BTw guidelines
at least 8Mbit/s for 90% of the time over the busiest 3 hour period for the Standard WBC (12Mbit/s for FTTC);

The AAISP suggestion is a good one, if not perhaps OFCOM?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

JackDinn

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2015, 07:58:46 PM »

hmm OFCOM, they dont like dealing with individual member of the public though ?

Where did you find that BTw quote ? so i might al least stick it in their face but they wont be interested anyhow.

I am logging again, we got down to 4Mb/s for about 3 hours today. Even more annoying is the fact that the BTw tester fails consistently so the only 1 thing that all isp's want/except just will not work, its almost like its a conspiracy ^^   

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything