Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: G.INP low level of DS interleaving  (Read 4432 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
G.INP low level of DS interleaving
« on: September 11, 2015, 09:18:33 PM »

It looks like my line has become stuck on a low G.INP interleaving depth of 4 on the downstream for well over 10 days days the normal depth would have been 8 there is to much noise on my line and the DLM seems reluctant to increase the interleaving depth back to 8  :-\

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: G.INP low level of DS interleaving
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 10:18:36 PM »

I may just be caterwauling but you know what I sometimes suggest with a problematical line . . .

A power down of the modem, a disconnection of the xDSL link between the modem & the centralised (or otherwise) filter and leaving it thus so, to "relax", overnight. 
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 11:51:40 PM »

your ES is well within acceptable parameteres newt thats why, you seem to think now anything above 0 is time to panic :)

your US been higher than DS ES tho is a bit odd.

of course given the old interleave depth on g.inp had pretty much no overheads anyway I wonder why there is a lower setting, maybe to reduce jitter during retransmissions?

Do you have a before and after tbb ping graph?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:54:04 PM by Chrysalis »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:16 PM »

A power down of the modem, a disconnection of the xDSL link between the modem & the

I may do that again it's been a while since last did a modem off for 10 hours.

your ES is well within acceptable parameteres newt thats why, you seem to think now anything above 0 is time to panic :)

You are quite right with your reply when on G.INP it seems are expectations of errored seconds above 6 in a 24 hour period are less tolerated these days .

There is no Jitter at all 0% ping 25ms the line shows up as a class A line but i'm dubious with those results, don't have any tbb ping graphs.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 09:35:36 PM »

I know :) I will probably be the same if I ever get g.inp.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 12:32:16 AM »

It's kind of weird chrysalis with this G.INP some days you get very low errored seconds counts and then another day they seem much higher and nothing has changed in relation to setup in the premises it's very "erratic" and that's a bad word for any broadband stats analyst  :hmm:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 12:35:57 AM »

Whats your LEFTRS count like?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 12:58:03 AM »

The count for the LEFTRS is showing in DSLstats as 38 and on MDWS it looks like this ->

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 01:25:09 AM »

So there's no problems with g.inp either..   which is why it will have been reduced.

there is to much noise on my line

Im confused as to where you think the noise is, how are you judging that the line is too noisy?
All lines get a certain amount of errors, its bound to happen when you are pushing a line to its limits.   Even mine which has only been up a couple of hours has more Err/Secs than yours.   Yet Im quite happy that my line is performing perfectly.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 07:28:17 AM »

The count for the LEFTRS is showing in DSLstats as 38 and on MDWS it looks like this ->

That is correct in that the highest DS_LEFTRS value recorded for you via upload in the past 48 hours is 2 ....

The figures have been much higher though - if you run a Range on 8 - 9th July 2014, you''ll see the values reached in excess of 10 million...
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 12:47:46 PM »

The figures have been much higher though - if you run a Range on 8 - 9th July 2014, you''ll see the values reached in excess of 10 million...

I don't see any range data for july 2014 i do have data for july 2015 and it shows as you say large values of LEFTRS around the 7 to 9 of july though G.INP was not active on this line it was interleaved with error correction  :-\

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 01:30:40 PM »

Sorry, that should obviously have read 2015....... Dunno, those values are certainly there supplied by the modem at the time. G.INP started much earlier than that for you on 25th March although reported as disabled on 13th May through 17th July  :-\ Weird.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

anything