Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A heads up - [Line Health Indicator]  (Read 15512 times)

loonylion

• Reg Member
Re: A heads up - [Line Health Indicator]
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2015, 01:16:46 PM »

So do I get in?  :P

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2015, 03:35:48 PM »

Ha ha ....... no .......... in fact for your cheek, the 'attenuation fairy' will come round tonight and add 30dB to your downstream value.  ;D ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2015, 09:20:39 PM »

kitz claims there is nothing juicy in there.

Shame we have a community within a community.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2015, 09:21:37 PM »

Openreach: because why fix problems when you can give excuses.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2015, 10:45:48 PM »

The way BT Openreach works it's very secretive and if KITZ doe's get a whiff of info she will make 100% sure the info is correct before devolving this to the kitizens.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2015, 11:00:27 PM »

kitz claims there is nothing juicy in there.

If that barb is aimed at Kitz, then it's out of order. If she has verified information which she is allowed to share, then she will share it. And as for BS, he goes beyond the call of duty to try to give us helpful information, and it seems that all he gets for his trouble is endless whinging about Openreach.

I'm really disappointed that this informative thread has become so degraded.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2015, 11:07:39 PM »

Please stop this now.  An informative thread has degenerated into rubbish.

The helpful tag was supposed to be in recognition for those who had been helpful to the site in some way.  Most other forums have some form of tag in recognition of something they have done.
There is no community within a community.  There are 8 or 9 people who have this tag.  Its not anything I give out to people who ask, its something in recognition either for time served, useful posts or the likes of BTstaff.  No-one is being left out.   

There is no juicy private section.   There's a total of about 10 threads mostly about moderation/spam issues or I might say if Im away.  Again this is no different from anything other forums will have.  There's not even a full page of threads, so that goes to show how little it is actually used considering its been around for about 8 years.  There's an average of one person per year that may get the tag.

I'm annoyed that I should come home after a long day to feel pressurised to explain or justify something that is no different from any other forum.   I could name several other forums that have a policy that if ask then you don't get.  In all honesty I was considering adding another couple of names soon.   The fuss over the past few days has deterred me from doing so because right now quite annoyed is an understatement.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2015, 11:14:49 PM »

Ha ha ....... no .......... in fact for your cheek, the 'attenuation fairy' will come round tonight and add 30dB to your downstream value.  ;D ;D

I would laugh but Openreach wants to add attenuation to my line, so this "joke" has backfired I am afraid.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2015, 11:45:23 PM »

Thank you NS for understanding.

I do all I can to get info out there. I'm also quite dismayed about the g.inp stuff where I was dropping hints, then to get accused of it being rubbish because I couldn't name sources.  So I went to a good deal of time &  effort to get someone to publicly put their name to it.... and the response, oh that's nothing new.  Of course some of it wasn't new because I may have been saying it in a different way, just unable to name names or sources.   I feel I can't win, because it isnt easy to get info from BT.   The one thing this site has always done is share what info can be shared.    This dates way back to the early days and how BT backhauls and VPs work when there was nothing else out there anywhere.   

I can also understand how BS feels, (Eric beat me to it), BS shares info here, but there has been a tendency of late for those threads to degenerate into a BT slanging match.  Is it any wonder that people give up bothering trying to get info out there.  Some people also fail to realise that if I ever printed or shared everything lock stock and barrel then those sources would dry up for good.  Thats hardly of benefit to anyone.  Keep pestering someone and they will begin to feel its just not worth the effort.   

Can people not tell from the tone of BS post that he's also beginning to wonder why he bothers.  The convo then moved on to BRAT (info that I got from another source) ..  and suddenly because BS and I was having an open convo then it digresses into clandestine info which never was - Ive known about BRAT for years and am currently attempting to get up to date info regarding the new Brandenburg tool for GEA.   This was already mentioned in another thread weeks ago, and when I do get something concrete then it will be shared.   

As an aside, and although BS hasn't said so, (because we dont have mythical juicy convo's in pte sections), but to me it looks like sarcasm from someone who is fed up of the bitching and sniping... and thats not something I will stand for either.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]