Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fleur Telecom  (Read 10559 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Fleur Telecom
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 11:35:43 PM »

Thank you b*cat.

:b*cat:

@ Ian

:lol:
Ive added a note as warning to other readers that the thread starts to go off-topic.  If the original question has been answered I dont mind too much if topics start to wander after that point.   However, because it is your thread, Im quite happy to split it off if you prefer.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 11:56:57 PM »

It's fine, I got an answer - nobody said "oh Fleur are nothing but trouble" etc.  I've passed on a summary of the info to the person who asked me about them.  At least in the short term I don't see any problem with their TalkTalk service being sold to Fleur.

Wonder if Fleur have longer term plans to improve the lot for rural customers on slow/low quality lines?

Ian

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 12:23:07 AM »

afaik, they just bought out the accounts that the likes of TT and Sky didn't want any more because they weren't profitable and there was no way they could do the cheap deals if they didnt have a presence at that particular exchange to do MPF LLU.   

The money these days is in hiking up the price of telephony to subsidise DSL.  TT & Sky don't use WLR preferring to go full metallic path and install their own kit so they have both phone & DSL.   

Daisy/Fleur do use WLR which means they can provide at all exchanges where BTw offers a service.   Because they now own Murphx, this means they can provision over their own Core, so what they will likely be doing is hooking in at the Core Node Interconnects using WBC to offset their costs. 

Other BTw based ISPs such as Plusnet, IDnet etc, use shared WMBC which uses the BTw Core.

Although they do own their own core, Im afraid it doesn't mean anything more for the rural consumers as they rely on BTw to do the back-hauling to the exchange. :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]