Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is it the weather playing havoc with my FTTC?  (Read 4625 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Is it the weather playing havoc with my FTTC?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 07:57:57 AM »

Well I left it overnight and at about 7am today it did a re-sync, the FEC count has now fallen back after re-sync and SNRM is now about 6.4 in both directions. Saw a 5000+CRC spike and an 11 SES spike at the same moment it appeared to re-sync, not sure if this was just before (and caused) or just after the re-sync. Otherwise the errors have dropped back to more normal levels. I now sync at 63000+ kbps down instead of 64000+ kbps which I guess is not too big a drop. Now to see how it goes as hopefully things dry up.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 09:10:12 AM »

I find your stats on MDWS quite puzzling.  It shows your attainable moving about as it should with all the snrm changes and then your attainable jumping up at the last resync.  This does not seem right unless the removal of a big disturber caused the resync. I wonder what modem are using?

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 09:51:48 AM »

I find your stats on MDWS quite puzzling.  It shows your attainable moving about as it should with all the snrm changes and then your attainable jumping up at the last resync.  This does not seem right unless the removal of a big disturber caused the resync. I wonder what modem are using?

I'm still using my ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A which had been sync'd for 60+ days prior to this morning's event.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP
Pages: 1 [2]