Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DLM - 20 Days In.... No Retrain! :(  (Read 7126 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DLM - 20 Days In.... No Retrain! :(
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 09:47:28 AM »

Just checking that makes sense...

That certainly makes sense. I'm sure HG612_Modem_Stats will be reporting correctly. If you look at the raw stats data, right at the end there's a section headed "Since Link time =..." which shows the DSL uptime.
  Eric

xS9

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 10:52:41 AM »

Ahhhh yes!

adsl info --stats

Since Link time = 26 days 11 hours 44 min 54 sec
FEC:            12966404                6199
CRC:            2003            73
ES:             572             70
SES:            0               0
UAS:            0               0
LOS:            0               0
LOF:            0               0
LOM:            0               0

CrazyTeeka

• Reg Member
  • A&A Customer - Home::1TB
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 12:24:45 PM »

A trick I often use is to wait for 30 days of uptime, then force a single resync of line, then you can either wait 30 mins to keep DLM happy before pluging DSL cable back in, or do it right away, choice is yours. This may resync at a higher speed and DLM picks up on the higher speed.

If nothing changes, then DLM is most likely happy with it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:42:01 PM by CrazyTeeka »

xS9

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 10:21:26 AM »

I'm at 35 days now :(

732 Error Seconds over that period, surely warrants a retrain?

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 10:37:24 AM »

The average should warrant it but exceeding the threshold on one day only would restart the DLM counter.  You need to monitor daily values.

xS9

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 11:00:18 AM »

I've attached the month view.

Just looked at the individual days aswell and the most is 33 per day on 2 occasions over the month.

Most were 15-20 per day.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:04:29 AM by xS9 »

Jaggies

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 08:53:47 PM »

FWIW I have the same Billion Router. I was away last weekend, and when I got back on Tuesday last my speed had increased to the following:

Upstream rate = 13787 Kbps, Downstream rate = 59779 Kbps

I normally get an email from MyDSLWebStats when I've had a resynch, but nothing was forthcoming. According to them, my last resynch was on August 8th. So, I've had a fairly substantial increase in speeds both up and down, but no LOS. Must have been DLM, and so quick it didn't register as a disconnection.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2015, 08:57:32 AM »

So in effect from experience does G.INP mitigate the degradation from crosstalk?

No.  G.INP isnt able to help with crosstalk.  Its effective against REIN type noise. Its only really of the most benefit if you already have Interleaving and Error Correction applied on your line.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2015, 09:27:39 AM »

Just looked at the individual days aswell and the most is 33 per day on 2 occasions over the month.
Most were 15-20 per day.

At the end of last year I looked at all the people interleaved in MDWS and the results suggested that you needed less than 24 or 30ES per day to return to fast path.  This seems rather lower than the figures suggested by published DLM thresholds.   To get a bit lower ES/day you could try an HG612 with latest firmware as the modem.  It depends on your line but that will probably sync at a lower speed than the Billion and give a lower error rate.  The lower errors are not not just because of the lower sync but also as the HG612 seems to handle odd random events a bit better.  You could instead try lowering the Billion  sync by say 4Mb/s with an "adsl configure --maxDataRate 64000 16000 100000" where the 64000 and 16000 would be your chosen target speeds.  When back to fast path you could raise the speed if the error rates look low enough.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2015, 10:10:48 AM »

I suspect that if the line is G.INP'd  it may be monitoring something other than Err/Secs.

From what I can gather in DLM systems there's MTBR, MTBE & ETR (EFTR) that can be monitored.   
We know the old system used BTBR & MTBE for which the configurable parameters are MaxNDR (capping) & INP (IFEC which is interleaving and RS encoding).   
Retransmission is all about EFTR optimisation, so it may well be recording something else.   I've not got my head around it all yet, and it possibly is one of those things that you have to see on your own line to be able to figure out exactly what its doing.   I have tried looking at someone elses stats in the past and irrc LEFTRS looked a possible candidate.   I haven't digested everything properly yet about EFTR and I have asked if there are some figures that would equate to the old MTBE rate but not had a reply on that.   I don't know enough about the subject to say much more :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]