Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Abrupt drop in SNRM  (Read 11543 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Abrupt drop in SNRM
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 10:00:52 PM »

no problem here...
NB: you can get the sync figures at the time of any resync by hovering over the entries in the dropdown list at top right of the graph

It's not working for me all the other stats are available we should probably take this issue to http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,14361.945.html

You appear to be using Chrome whereas I was using FireFox but just tested Chrome and that's okay at any period as well. But I've never tried it on an old OS like Vista

I'll try it out on Win8.1 in 3 minutes the username & password needs to re entered never got around to doing that just to lazy.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2015, 10:08:18 PM »

I am using Windows 8.1 and IE11 and same result roseways SNRM history will not go above 2 days the MDWS window just says waiting.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2015, 10:35:15 PM »

I am using Windows 8.1 and IE11 and same result roseways SNRM history will not go above 2 days the MDWS window just says waiting.

Same combo is fine here. Is it just roseway then and just SNRM? If so then I have no real idea at the moment...

Edit: this is now fixed.... see here
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:04:33 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2015, 10:51:19 PM »

To satisfy your curiosity about my recent history, prior to the last resync nearly three days ago I had an unbroken uptime of about 76 days. Early on in that period my SNRM dropped by about 2 dB (a new crosstalk disturber presumably), and it stayed at just below 4 dB for the remainder of the uptime. Not suprisingly, when the connection finally dropped three days ago it reconnected at a lower speed.
  Eric

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2015, 11:48:22 AM »

it stayed at just below 4 dB for the remainder of the uptime. Not suprisingly, when the connection finally dropped three days ago it reconnected at a lower speed.

It is a pity you can't control target db.  My line hunged on at 2db for weeks until I needed to resync.  I am sure a 3db option would make sense.

arronlowley

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2015, 12:29:42 PM »

i lost 15mbps attainable rate because someone joined in my area, then yesterday my router reset and gave me 80 with a max attainable of 71 and made my downstream snr 3 o.O, i reset my modem like a tit and now im back to 71 -_-

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2015, 12:47:17 AM »

I would have watched the ES for a bit, and then make the decision, staying at 3.0 snrm could have been wrong also if the ES were too high. So dont worry over it too much :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]