Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What do we really know about G.inp and DLM (VDSL2)  (Read 1790 times)

tommy45

• Reg Member
What do we really know about G.inp and DLM (VDSL2)
« on: November 05, 2015, 07:46:49 PM »

Having monitored my modems stats for over 12mths , since G.inp was rolled out and applied to my connection  i have noticed some odd,unexplainable events, like the one today that occurred at 12:56am where my DS SNR jumped/spiked to 7.6-7.1db each band was different, also the DS Attainable spiked upwards and showed an increase of around 3mbps ( 88336kbps )there seems to be a trend as there have been other similar events in the past since connection was G.inped which may of been an indication that the DS snr level /attainable  was going to increase , then there is bit swapping  sometimes it completely stops, or goes into some really low bit swapping mode,

As for the very odd which i assume to be DLM action  the other day  resulting in some strange stats , may of been the modem (HG612 3B) becoming flakey after 65 days or DLM having a senior moment perhaps, anyone else seen the same things ? my MDWS user name is tom34 for those interested

[Moderator edited to correct the typo in the modem model.]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:12:37 PM by burakkucat »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: What do we really know about G.inp and DLM (VDSL2)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 08:31:05 PM »

All i know G.INP keeps my line very close to a fastpath connection without G.INP i would have medium interleaving applied on this long line.

tommy45

• Reg Member
Re: What do we really know about G.inp and DLM (VDSL2)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 09:40:29 PM »

All i know G.INP keeps my line very close to a fastpath connection without G.INP i would have medium interleaving applied on this long line.

Mine with ECI modem used to bounce from fast path to interleave and back before G.inp probably due to occasional bursts of errors . which i wouldn't class as crosstalk, but other interference from at least one neighbouring properties  business activities