Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: G.INP / Retransmission - Questions to Openreach  (Read 27309 times)

Terranova667

Re: G.INP / Retransmission - Questions to Openreach
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2015, 07:39:22 PM »

Does anyone have the faintest idea how G.INP fairs on a Aluminium line sadly during my Engineer visit today it turns out my line is Aluminium and not copper hence the issues i was having in the thread i posted in the FTTC FTTH issues section of the forums, looking around online i see no mention of how G.INP or Vectoring ect fair on such a line i'm not surprised given that Broadband isn't fit to run on it but hey that doesn't stop Openreach  allowing ADSL / fibre to run on it knowing full well it can't handle it.

I'm just wondering if i'm likely to see a far more negative outcome if and when my ECI cab becomes enabled because of the Aluminium line it was bad enough to learn I would never get any of my previous speed back without fearing now it could be worse should G.INP come around. 

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2015, 09:45:05 PM »

As I "see it" you should not experience any degradation of the VDSL2 based service when G.Inp is enabled. I would expect you to see an improvement but not quite as good as that for someone whose circuit is made up entirely of copper conductors.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Terranova667

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2015, 10:53:06 PM »

Thanks for the reply Burakkucat sounds promising although i guess i wont really know the answer until G.INP gets enabled when ever that happens. :fingers:

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2015, 11:36:27 PM »

Just as Burakkucat says, you will see a very worthwhile improvement when G.INP and vectoring become available, despite the aluminium.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2015, 02:50:16 PM »

Thanks for the update, b*cat. I'm happy to offer mine as a loan for her to test as she needs to.  I'll have a check through the guides for doing the OpenWrt flash and then I can send it on to here via whatever means is best for her.

Rgds,

Chris

Thank you for the kind offer.   
I have an ECI modem here, unfortunately though I dont do soldering or any of the UART things that is needed to get OpenWrt f/w on to the modem.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]