Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Instructions How to stop Windows 10 from spying manual "how-to"  (Read 4117 times)

AArdvark

• Kitizen

Go here for instructions ==> wintoflash.com Forum

Instructions on how to remove 'manually' all the known Win10 built-in Spyware etc.

May be of use to someone.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Instructions How to stop Windows 10 from spying manual "how-to"
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 07:33:12 AM »

That's incredible you have to go to those lengths. Makes me even more determined never to use another Microsoft system. Only two machines now left to convert to Linux  ;)

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 02:13:37 PM »

If you can do it .... go for it.

MS have overstepped the mark .... seriously.
We may be seeing the thin end of the wedge.
If MS get away with this it will encourage others to follow.
I include Apple & Google in this as they will be able to 'improve' their service to their users with a ready-made excuse ('Valid Business Driver')

I think this may be one of those moments in history where 'Big' changes happens. (Or at least starts the process.)

I don't want Operating Systems and/or Applications to be 'rented' to me by the month, where my own data is part of the rental price.
I have seen the move at the Apps level and I am waiting for MS and others to morph towards the same with Operating Systems.
I see Win10 being the first step towards this.
As part of the wide open and generic EULA, how do you know MS will not announce the next evolution is a subscription based model.
This will, of course, be to enable MS to fund the on-going/never ending patching of the OS which is 'Windows as a Service'.
MS will not absorb the costs forever.
It is expedient now to create and lock-in the customers at their own costs but one day the business model will change/evolve. It has to.
Buying customers now is part of the fierce battle between MS / Apple and with Google they are all fighting to get your data and monitise it in any way they can think of.
The dust will begin to settle when MS hit their target numbers and start 'Cranking up' the revenue stream. (read: Start getting you to spend for all the extras you will 'NEED' )

Yours,
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells. (Still)  ;D

Berrick

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 05:01:15 PM »

I don't want Operating Systems and/or Applications to be 'rented' to me by the month, where my own data is part of the rental price.

Unfortunately this is the way it will all be. It gives all the control over price and curbing piracy to the software companies and they will have your data as a bonus. When more peeps are using cloud based services then you can also kiss net nutrality good by as well.

Buying customers now is part of the fierce battle between MS / Apple and with Google they are all fighting to get your data and monitise it in any way they can think of.

Thats partly why Windows 10 is so chatty. Microsoft currently cant beat Google so they aim to get all the info Google gets before Google gests it; and more by getting it at source ;)

Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 05:12:14 PM »

All of which is why I run Linux with 99.9% free software and have uBlock and Ghostery installed on Firefox only whitelisting sites I have to use which wont work well not being whitelisted. Plus nothing is cloud based and never will be. I only expose data I want to.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 11:33:21 AM »

also this

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/63874-REPO-Windows-10-TELEMETRY-REPOSITORY?s=1c063b1a9efca0ec0f0a474bcafab3c2&

The obvious problem is i fear these steps will have to be repeated after "feature" updates which are compulsory, as I suspect MS will readd/enable them.

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 01:41:19 PM »

Made the same comment re: O&O Free app, you are always following whatever MS does.
You switch it off ...... MS switches it on :) (Repeat until bored)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 11:32:06 PM »

makes you wonder what payment has been made by the media industry to microsoft to scan for pirated media.

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 12:47:40 AM »

None.

When they have the data ..... then they will sell it Auction Style  ;D  ;)

anything