Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: myDSLWebStats - Duplicate Upload File Error  (Read 5757 times)

Jaggies

Re: myDSLWebStats - Duplicate Upload File Error
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 11:04:12 AM »

Well, it's simple enough to reset the clock, which will be my first move if it should happen again. Annoyingly, although you can tell Windows 8 to synchronise the clock with a time server, but you can't adjust the schedule, so you have to rely on the OS. I wonder if that will change with Windows 10?

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 11:10:08 AM »

Well, it's simple enough to reset the clock, which will be my first move if it should happen again. Annoyingly, although you can tell Windows 8 to synchronise the clock with a time server, but you can't adjust the schedule, so you have to rely on the OS. I wonder if that will change with Windows 10?

Yes you can if you dive into the Registry - mine's set to 15 mins rather than 7 days ( :-X ) default. This is from an update to the Help system but not online yet (& it's for newbies  ;) ). Usual caution applies:

Press the Windows logo key and R. This will open the Run dialog. Then type regedit and click OK.
Alternatively, open the Start Menu and type "regedit" in the search box. Click the regedit program entry to open

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpClient. Just click the arrows next to the folder icons to navigate to the correct directories. You may have to scroll a bit when you reach the SYSTEM key

Right click on the SpecialPollInterval key, then click Modify.

Click Decimal. Then, enter 900 (seconds) and click OK. This will set the interval to 15 mins which is the smallest Windows will allow.

Close regedit.

Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Jaggies

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2015, 11:14:14 AM »

Thanks - I'm comfortable enough using regedit, just set it to 3600 as I think once an hour's enough.  ;D

Jaggies

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 01:08:35 AM »

I can now confirm that this setting survived the upgrade to Win 10.  :)

AArdvark

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 08:45:40 PM »

FWIW, I had the same issue - the emails started arriving in the early hours of Saturday 1/8/15. I had occasion to reboot my PC after doing some updates, and they stopped after that.

Definitely only had one instance of DSLstats running.
... use a tiny free utility as I do in the UK which is NetTime. ...

Thanks for the heads-up on NetTime, just what I needed.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 09:14:05 PM »

Same issue myself yesterday - checked the time sync on my RPI, and rebooted stopped afterwards.

It's a pity the RPi does not have a CMOS battery for time yet it will pick up the time sync over the net, you can use this command sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata to get it to pick up the correct time.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything