Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: ECI Cabinet Rollout  (Read 61184 times)

daveesh1

• Reg Member
ECI Cabinet Rollout
« on: August 10, 2015, 08:38:26 AM »

Does anybody know if and when G.INP is being rolled out to ECI cabinet's

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: ECI Cabinet Rollout
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 08:53:04 AM »

Nothing as confirmed no, we hoping it may start during august.

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 06:33:07 PM »

Well lets hope so my line would benefit from it. Thanks for the info

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 08:09:37 AM »

Does anybody know if and when G.INP is being rolled out to ECI cabinet's
I wonder if Kitz or BlackSheep have any details they can share yet?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 11:13:19 AM »

I'm hoping to publish quite a lot of information about g.inp very soon.

In the meantime Im sticking to the reply Ive been giving for the past few weeks/months: "The ECI situation will be reviewed after completion of rollout to the Huawei cabs".  I think I mentioned in the other thread judging from estimated timescales that mid Aug was a possible date for review but I dont have any official confirmation on that date, as there is something other than the ECI cabs themselves which is delaying the process.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 11:17:17 AM »

The delay is probably BT refusing to do both rollouts overlapping each other, and we already know ECI is second class to hauwei.

So as long as there is outstanding work on hauwei cabinets my feeling is a rollout on ECI wont start.

This may be a blessing as we still dont know yet (or at least I dont know) if their ECI implementation works properly, ie. no performance penalties.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 11:56:50 AM »

Nope - "there is something other than the ECI cabs themselves which is delaying the process."

Roll out to the Huawei's are complete aside from a few catch ups from new lines/DLM resets which will be an ongoing process.
As regards to new DLM resets (not queued) , these will correct themselves automatically in a couple of days.   I now understand why some new resets have been showing what we assumed to be rather odd behaviour.   This in future will become the norm.

I'm just waiting for the final nod to publish something official.   As you know I've been feeding info in the past, but this time I deliberately wanted something official that I could put in print so that certain other people cannot diss my info or sources or slam it as here-say.  Unfortunately it has taken some time to go through that process.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 11:20:23 PM »

Dont worry about those other people kitz, the problem with waiting for officialness is it can take forever, maybe even never.  Those certian people will diss you regardless.

I for one would be grateful for "any info" accepting of course plans may change or mistakes can happen.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 08:51:32 AM »

I wonder if huawei will get vectoring before ECI even sees g.inp.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 09:32:26 AM »

Do I take it that, with BT, G.vector is just confined to trials right now? Or not even that far?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 12:18:12 PM »

The reason for the delay isn't the ECI DSLAMs themselves, there's no point rolling out to the ECI's until BT are certain that their field engineer equipment is working correctly.

This has already been discussed in greater depth in the main G.INP thread a few months ago. We already knew there was a problem with some of the field equipment.  There's 2 types in use the JDSUs and EXFOs some of which use BCM chips -  again that info is all in the other thread.   

There is a solution and new f/w has been developed and is being rolled out. When BT have tested its stability, then they will proceed rolling out g.inp to ECI lines.

I'm quite sure that neither field engineers nor EU's would be happy if when called to a line fault, if some of their test equipment wasn't working properly to be able to get info from G.INPed ECI cabs.   
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 12:19:54 PM »

Do I take it that, with BT, G.vector is just confined to trials right now? Or not even that far?

Its been in trials for a while, but no public information on how those trials are progressing.
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 01:41:40 PM »

I remember BS saying this new equipment has already been given to engineers.

You not at all curious kitz, why every single time they always testing hauwei first?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 01:56:55 PM »

Nope - "there is something other than the ECI cabs themselves which is delaying the process."

Roll out to the Huawei's are complete aside from a few catch ups from new lines/DLM resets which will be an ongoing process.
As regards to new DLM resets (not queued) , these will correct themselves automatically in a couple of days.   I now understand why some new resets have been showing what we assumed to be rather odd behaviour.   This in future will become the norm.

I'm just waiting for the final nod to publish something official.   As you know I've been feeding info in the past, but this time I deliberately wanted something official that I could put in print so that certain other people cannot diss my info or sources or slam it as here-say.  Unfortunately it has taken some time to go through that process.

kitz are you going to share "I now understand why some new resets have been showing what we assumed to be rather odd behaviour.   This in future will become the norm."

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 03:09:21 PM »

I remember BS saying this new equipment has already been given to engineers.

Read the clues again.  Two types of equipment.  I said in the other thread I was curious about the Exfo's.  I also said the JDSU's could have SIM swapouts.
Im not being deliberately obtuse if Openreach don't point specific fingers and will say things like 'some'. You work it out.

kitz are you going to share "I now understand why some new resets have been showing what we assumed to be rather odd behaviour.   This in future will become the norm."

here.
-----
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13