Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: OpenWrt (Chaos Calmer r46559) for ECI/r v1 & v2 - Update: G.INP/ReTX Support  (Read 269494 times)

bob8

I amended my earlier reply before I realised you had posted a response, but sounds like you have got TFTPD working.

The TFTP transfer should be completed in mere seconds. I vaguely recall when I encountered TFTP taking an eternity to transfer on one occasion, the installation subsequently failed.  I can't remember what I did afterwards, but I did successfully install LEDE 17.01.4 by trying again and the TFTP transfer was completed in seconds.

Note that install steps for LEDE 17.01.4 ARE DIFFERENT To OpenWRT CC15 (Jsamuel). 

ie. I wouldn't like to say what would happen if you used LEDE file by using the instructions for old Chaos Calmer.....  LEDE probably won't boot.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:21:48 PM by bob8 »

Adeel567

• Just arrived

hm, I am using the LEDE 17 firmware and following those steps However, i am using a TFTP Server I think. It's found the file ending with .bin and is transferring but at bytes/sec. Is it better just to halt it right now?

bob8

hmm, I think I've always left both 'server' and 'client' enabled in TFTPD settings. 

I think you could be right, it should be using TFTP server, not client.  Please disregard my comments about configuring TFTPD client.  Sorry for the confusion.

No changes will be made until you execute the Erase command.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:52:25 PM by bob8 »

Adeel567

• Just arrived

Hmmm, still not sure why it is going at bytes/sec. I have had to leave the house and even though I have USB Wi-Fi plugged in teamviewer is offline - guess it is using the wrong NIC? So I'll have to wait until I return to see if it has worked.
If this hopefully works I can just access LEDE normally and follow some guide for setting up VDSL? Is there a noticeable reduction in sync speed by using this firmware?

bob8

fwiw, is 192.168.2.1 selected under 'Server interfaces' in TFTPD?

I can't think of any other reason why the transfer is so slow.

As the original ECI firmware is locked, it is difficult to compare sync speeds, but based on speed tests, I've not personally observed much difference to cause concern.

yes, you can use the LEDE install guide for Home Hub 5A to help configure VDSL connection accordingly. I've only used the modem in 'bridge mode' because I understand the performance may not be very good in 'router' mode.

Reminder the two LAN ports are transposed when viewed in switch menu in LuCI in 17.01.4.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 01:29:33 AM by bob8 »

Adeel567

• Just arrived

Also to note that I was able to get both WAN and LAN over the one cable by tagging both VLAN 1 & 2 on LAN1 and doing the same on my LEDE Router's WAN port. (where VLAN 1 is my LAN, VLAN 2 contains WAN & VLAN 3 is my Guest network but is off for this port). Then on my router under DHCP I set a random hex value due to Sky requirements and everything works fine.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 07:06:11 PM by Adeel567 »

bassplayerchris

• Just arrived

I've been experimenting with the various firmware at: https://xdarklight.github.io/lantiq-xdsl-firmware-info/ with my HH5A

With the standard openwrt firmware I can get 17-20 down and 3-4Mbps up. I then tried the various DM200 firmwares as they include vectoring support (not sure whether the local DSLAM supports it as I haven't yet identified it - though have found the PCP).

With the firmware from the V34 or V52 of the bundle (5.8.1.5.0.7 and 5.7.11.5.0.7 respectively) I get 24-27Mbps down and 1Mbps upm with the firmware from the V36 GPL bundle (5.7.9.5.1.7) I get something more akin to the stock openwrt firmware.

I don't see evidence of vectoring being used in any case - so I assume that my local DSLAM doesn't support it?

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

I've been experimenting with the various firmware at: https://xdarklight.github.io/lantiq-xdsl-firmware-info/ with my HH5A

I don't see evidence of vectoring being used in any case - so I assume that my local DSLAM doesn't support it?

You should see Vectoring on the openwrt status page: https://code.dopame.me/veonik/openwrt-mirror/commit/ec1b121769a4095a76321e9317faf1e803e101d0

Code: [Select]
if [ $((xtse8 & 7)) != 0  ]; then
- line_mode_s="$line_mode_s G.993.2 (VDSL2),"
+ dsmsg=$(dsl_cmd dsmsg)
+ vector_s=$(dsl_val "$dsmsg" eVectorStatus)
+
+ case "$vector_s" in
+ "0") line_mode_s="$line_mode_s G.993.2 (VDSL2)," ;;
+ "1") line_mode_s="$line_mode_s G.993.5 (VDSL2 with downstream vectoring)," ;;
+ "2") line_mode_s="$line_mode_s G.993.5 (VDSL2 with down- and upstream vectoring)," ;;
+ *) line_mode_s="$line_mode_s unknown," ;;

j0hn

• Kitizen

not sure whether the local DSLAM supports it as I haven't yet identified it - though have found the PCP

You can find your cabinet location, DSLAM model, and even if it is a BDUK funded cabinet, by using this guide:

https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,15409.0.html

Vectoring is only deployed on a small number of BDUK funded Huawei cabinets.
It isn't available on any ECI cabinets.

If you found the PCP you could also compare the DSLAM's cabinet to the photos on kitz FTTC cabinets page.

https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/fttc-cabinets.htm#fttc_street_cabinet

The DSLAM will be within 100m of the PCP, usually much closer.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

With the standard openwrt firmware I can get 17-20 down and 3-4Mbps up. I then tried the various DM200 firmwares as they include vectoring support (not sure whether the local DSLAM supports it as I haven't yet identified it - though have found the PCP).

With the firmware from the V34 or V52 of the bundle (5.8.1.5.0.7 and 5.7.11.5.0.7 respectively) I get 24-27Mbps down and 1Mbps upm with the firmware from the V36 GPL bundle (5.7.9.5.1.7) I get something more akin to the stock openwrt firmware.

I'm using 5.7.B.5.0.7-5.7.5.4.0.1 from the dm200 firmware v61

mrk26

• Reg Member

Hello to All,
First post on this brilliant forum.
I use Chaos Calmer r46559 which is the most stable FW (tried latest openwrt 18.06.4- not usable), and modem is rock solid with good connection speed. The only one problem I have is that I can't use eDMT software, I type there my modem address and correct login details and always end up with pop up window "Incorrect credentials" any tips how to make it work?

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Hi there. I'll be releasing an update with latest OpenWrt in the coming days.

mrk26

• Reg Member

What will be in new update? I tested latest openwrt 18.06.4 and modem was so unstable, keep breaking connection, re-sync several times within few hours, internet was so unstable that sometimes impossible to use. Also stats on new openwrt are less detailed and configuration to use in bridge modem (as your recent fw is setup) is so complicated (have to use detailed instruction from Hub 5 found online)..... ??? I'm really scarred to try something based on latest openwrt release.
After few hours I back to stable release and so far happy again, flashing procedure (with opening modem) take just about 5 mins now  ;D.
Only problem (if ) is that then I have to flash back ori FW to get openwrt then flash back ori to flash back Chaos Calmer r46559, will be possible to upgrade from current FW without reverting back to stock, or even via Luci, also will there be option to revert back straightaway to previous version or exercises with back to original FW will be necessary?

BTW
Thanks for grate work.

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Hi. Did you update the modem and firmware to latest version? This will need updated too, perhaps extracted from the latest version of a tplink w9980 or other lantiq based router with an open source firmware (german brand, i can't quite remember) but I'll work on it
Also the stats page is modified on my version which shows more information. You'll need to copy this over.

mrk26

• Reg Member

I flash original FW then o top of that OpenWrt 18.06.4, I though in OpenWrt is already latest modem FW.
Also forgot to mention that main reason for latest openwrt FW was ability to tweak SNR which doesn't work for me in bridge mode.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26