Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: OpenWrt (Chaos Calmer r46559) for ECI/r v1 & v2 - Update: G.INP/ReTX Support  (Read 269480 times)

jsamuel

• Reg Member

That is interesting Bald_Eagle1 I've never come across those programs until now!
I'll have a tinker and post my findings :)

See the attached example of the snapshot graph montage.

The Plink log file contains the data needed to generate the graphs.
Oh my  :-[
Those tones will be a nightmare to duplicate. Broadcoms xdslcmd is much neater at doing those than lantiq is with vdsl_cpe_control
Everything else would be surprisingly easy to do though.

Is the xdslcmd info --stats output all that is required to generate graphs?
I see, the whole shebang is there :) I'll try and see what I can do. Thank you for this.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:18:05 AM by jsamuel »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

No. The tone data is also needed (Bits, SNR, QLN, Hlog).

I have a vague memory that Asbokid wrote a Linux script a long time ago to obtain/provide such data via an ECI modem in order to generate the same graphs.

I'll see if I can find it as it may be of some assistance.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats

Main stats: xdslcmd info --stats
Bitloading: xdslcmd info --Bits
pbParams:  xdslcmd info --pbParams
SNR per tone: xdslcmd info --SNR
QLN: xdslcmd info --QLN
Hlog: xdslcmd info --Hlog

Those are the main commands. On VDSL2 systems the pbParams output is needed to determine the band plan which is in use. This is necessary for the correct presentation of the "per tone" graphs.

[Edit - corrected the pbParams command]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:48:54 AM by roseway »
  Eric

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP

jsamuel if I send you an ECI would you flash it for me?  I will cover postage both ways, and is there a fee if you do this?

Thanks

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

I don't know if this might help to get started:-

Code: [Select]

Band Boundary Status for the ECI /r

# # band boundary status get (upstream)
# echo "bbsg 0" > /tmp/pipe/dsl_cpe0_cmd ; cat /tmp/pipe/dsl_cpe0_ack
nFormat=(nBandIndex, (nLimit_firstToneIndex, nLimit_lastToneIndex), (nBorder_firstToneIndex, nBorder_lastToneIndex)) nData="
(00,(0007,0032),(0008,0031))
(01,(0871,1205),(0880,1196))
(02,(1972,2696),(0000,0000))
"

# # band boundary status get (downstream)
# echo "bbsg 1" > /tmp/pipe/dsl_cpe0_cmd ; cat /tmp/pipe/dsl_cpe0_ack
nReturn=0 nDirection=1 nNumData=3
nFormat=(nBandIndex, (nLimit_firstToneIndex, nLimit_lastToneIndex), (nBorder_firstToneIndex, nBorder_lastToneIndex)) nData="
(00,(0033,0859),(0033,0859))
(01,(1216,1961),(1216,1916))
(02,(2793,3863),(3131,3732))
"
#

Band Boundary Status for the ECI /I

# # band boundary status get (upstream)

Alpha # echo "bbsg 0" > /tmp/pipe/dsl_cpe0_cmd ; cat /tmp/pipe/dsl_cpe0_ack
nReturn=0 nDirection=0 nNumData=3

(00,(0010,0031),(0010,0031))
(01,(0882,1193),(0882,1193))
(02,(1984,2770),(1984,2770))
"

# # band boundary status get (downstream)
Alpha # echo "bbsg 1" > /tmp/pipe/dsl_cpe0_cmd ; cat /tmp/pipe/dsl_cpe0_ack

nReturn=0 nDirection=1 nNumData=3
(00,(0033,0857),(0033,0857))
(01,(1218,1959),(1218,1959))

(02,(2795,3950),(2795,3935))
"

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

jsamuel if I send you an ECI would you flash it for me?  I will cover postage both ways, and is there a fee if you do this?

Thanks

You could potentially have mine if you want it. It's a V2.1 flashed with OpenWRT.

les-70

• Kitizen

Only replicating   xdslcmd info --stats  via telnet on its own would I think be great step and should enable a small mod of dslstats to provide basic data.  This would allow you to monitor the connection even if tones and etc. were not visible.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

& combined with the equivalent of xdslcmd info --pbParams data, the attached 'ongoing' graphs (plus others) could be generated via HG612 Modem Stats.

The first example is without G.INP & the second is what it could look like once G.INP is available for ECI DSLAMS/Modems

les-70

• Kitizen

To add to that.  If a particular value is not available then a zero value that preserves the format should suffice.

phi2008

• Reg Member

Anyone having any problems with the Status->Overview menu option? When the modem first starts up the stats look mostly believable but when I start visiting the page again things either don't load(stuck collecting data) or I get an image like the one attached.

I've tried doing a "Reset to defaults" under System->Backup/Flash Firmware->Flash Operations but stats still are not displaying/properly(the modem is up though stats say it's down).
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:12:14 PM by phi2008 »

phi2008

• Reg Member

Problem solved, stats back,I think. Not clear whether it was my fault  or not - edited lantiq_dsl.sh so that XDSL_CTRL always equals "vdsl_cpe_control" to solve my issue.

jsamuel

• Reg Member

I can confirm this does happen sometimes, I haven't figured out how to fix it so far.
This happens when /tmp/pipe/dsl_cpe0_ack is locked up, preventing any data to be collected. It happens when dsl_control is run from both LuCI and your terminal at the same time. To fix it you need to killall cat or sometimes killall dsl_control

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP

Thanks

You could potentially have mine if you want it. It's a V2.1 flashed with OpenWRT.

You can flash this version in this thread?

phi2008

• Reg Member

I can confirm this does happen sometimes, I haven't figured out how to fix it so far.
This happens when /tmp/pipe/dsl_cpe0_ack is locked up, preventing any data to be collected. It happens when dsl_control is run from both LuCI and your terminal at the same time. To fix it you need to killall cat or sometimes killall dsl_control

Ah, right, I assumed it wasn't getting any data but didn't really understand why - I know nothing about this software ...  :hmm:

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Depending If AlecR gives you his, yes I could do it for free minus shipping back and forth.

AlecR
I'm guessing the ECI /r didn't stabilize on your line then? :(
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

anything