Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: OpenWrt (Chaos Calmer r46559) for ECI/r v1 & v2 - Update: G.INP/ReTX Support  (Read 269558 times)

VDSL2User

Yes I was using the test image but on my Huawei cabinet my profile appears to now be set
to have G.INP on DL and Fastpath on UL.
It's a shame about the need for a second cable as this is now one of the nice features of
the HG612 now which runs on a single cable with WAN PPPoE and a LAN subnet operating over it.
I run the HG612 on subnet 192.168.2.x and just add an alias interface to the ASUS for this subnet
over the WAN interface then using IPTABLES route all traffic for the subnet to the alias.
I don't really have any spare LAN ports on the router and would need to use a switch to run 2 cables.
The FEC are OK but if those reported error seconds were correct then there is no way I can run an ECI on my line as it would hit DLM hard.

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Yes I was using the test image but on my Huawei cabinet my profile appears to now be set
to have G.INP on DL and Fastpath on UL.
It's a shame about the need for a second cable as this is now one of the nice features of
the HG612 now which runs on a single cable with WAN PPPoE and a LAN subnet operating over it.
I run the HG612 on subnet 192.168.2.x and just add an alias interface to the ASUS for this subnet
over the WAN interface then using IPTABLES route all traffic for the subnet to the alias.
I don't really have any spare LAN ports on the router and would need to use a switch to run 2 cables.
The FEC are OK but if those reported error seconds were correct then there is no way I can run an ECI on my line as it would hit DLM hard.
If fastpath is on UL your cab hasn't enabled G.INP for upstream :)
I'm probably wrong about the second cable thing, I was always under the impression most routers weren't capable of doing this on WAN.
You could of course try editing the network configuration file, SSH into your modem and
nano /etc/config/network

Locate
Code: [Select]
config interface 'wan'
option ifname 'eth0'
option force_link '1'

Change to
config interface 'wan'
option ifname 'eth0'
option force_link '1'
option proto 'static'
option ipaddr '192.168.2.1'
option gateway 192.168.1.2
option netmask '255.255.255.0'
option ip6assign '60'
        option dns '208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220'

Remove
config interface 'lan'
   option ifname 'eth1'
   option force_link '1'
   option proto 'static'
   option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
   option gateway 192.168.1.2
   option netmask '255.255.255.0'
   option ip6assign '60'
   option dns '208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220'

Let me know how to get on :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:12:20 AM by jsamuel »

jsamuel

• Reg Member

And don't forget to restart the interfaces or reboot failing that.

/etc/init.d/network restart

jsamuel

• Reg Member

A note of warning on the new MEI firmware

When running
vdsl_cpe_control --c

the line goes down and resyncs. Please don't call this command as it could severely wreck havoc on DLM.
I'm working on a fix.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 05:44:55 PM by jsamuel »

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Here's some fixes/additions, updated the main images and removed /testing since they're not needed :)

drv_dsl_cpe_api.c - G.INP upstream enabled (thanks to TP-Link) applied to main image since tests on Huawei cabinets passed. The ECI /r is fully G.INP compatible now and vectoring will be too in about a month. Hopefully BT sort their ltq cabs out soon..

lantiq_dsl.sh - Fixed dbt() where expr for ACTATP would output negatives for numerics following decimals eg: -2.-8 dB should really be -2.8 dB.

Added a few more extras to dsl_control/LuCI and there's no real need to run vdsl_cpe_control, I did plan to redesign the bootstrap theme to make it look less messy but it'll do for now.

These will be my last changes for a while, or until a firmware is found with vectoring support unless either
A. I decide to put time into making the LuCI boostrap theme better.
B. I figure out a way to graph remotely and pull from the modem (other than munin-node, I want something Windows users can enjoy too) or
C. someone finds some bugs.. because to me it looks pretty complete minus graphing, unfortunately I won't be able to have time to make this compatible with dslstats because to be quite honest I've looked through the source for it and I wouldn't know where to begin so I gave up on that part, sorry. :( It would've been nice to have though, perhaps someone else can have a look into this if it's needed.

Have fun testing! Now I must call the engineer to fix my IP Profile from all of these manual disconnections and let DLM settle :lol: Until next time..

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats

Thank you, jsamuel, for all your excellent work.
  Eric

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

These will be my last changes for a while, or until a firmware is found with vectoring support unless either
A. I decide to put time into making the LuCI boostrap theme better.
B. I figure out a way to graph remotely and pull from the modem (other than munin-node, I want something Windows users can enjoy too) or
C. someone finds some bugs.. because to me it looks pretty complete minus graphing, unfortunately I won't be able to have time to make this compatible with dslstats because to be quite honest I've looked through the source for it and I wouldn't know where to begin so I gave up on that part, sorry. :( It would've been nice to have though, perhaps someone else can have a look into this if it's needed.

If you were interested in converting the output data to the same format as the output data from a Huawei HG612 modem & saving it to plain text file(s), even if dummy or blank data is used in places, then the graphing programs from HG612 Modem Stats would work as they are for Windows users.

This could be either for snapshot data and/or if collected every minute, for ongoing data.

FWIW, Plink is the command line 'sister' version to PuTTY & can be run via a script (Linux bash script or Windows batch file) to harvest the data whenever required.

phi2008

• Reg Member

I have some dumb questions, I'm just about to destroy ... I mean solder, some pins onto my ECI modem so I can get some stats. Would you recommend OpenWrt over other options? Also how do I tell the difference between ECI/r v1 or v2?

VDSL2User

Openwrt is a great option and makes the modem a treat to use, I would recommend
it over the other 'hacking' options for the ECI /r
You will find the version printed on the main chip on the modem motherboard
either V1.1 or V1.2
A big thank you to jsamuel for all the hard work done on this.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project

A big thank you to jsamuel for all the hard work done on this.

All techno-kittehs will whole-heartedly second that "thank you" to jsamuel:thumbs:  :drink:

[Request to our leader, Kitz: Could this thread be granted "sticky" status, please?]
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Thank you guys. But I couldn't have done it without the help of some posts contributed by Kitz users I've come across during this feast. :) I'll do my best to keep it and the lantiq drivers/firmware updated and see about those lovely graphs we all crave..

jsamuel

• Reg Member

That is interesting Bald_Eagle1 I've never come across those programs until now!
I'll have a tinker and post my findings :)

phi2008

• Reg Member

Managed, despite my third rate soldering ability, to get this done last night :yay:

Initial impressions are that this is great, so well done jsamuel.  :clap:

EDIT:

Might be useful for people not too keen about drilling the circuit board, or who don't have the equipment, you can use this method to solder your serial header pins - http://www.instructables.com/id/Soldering-headers-without-drilling-holes/?ALLSTEPS
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:15:39 AM by phi2008 »

jsamuel

• Reg Member

You'll have to be extra careful doing it that way, since the solder pads are thin tin layered on copper tracers and it's possible to tear them off by accident requiring more than a headache to fix.  :'(

Then again, what am I even talking about. The pads are solid on this and you need to drill through them to even get through. It's the BT HH5A my sleep deprived brain is rethinking of.  :-X
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:05:37 AM by jsamuel »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

That is interesting Bald_Eagle1 I've never come across those programs until now!
I'll have a tinker and post my findings :)

See the attached example of the snapshot graph montage.

The Plink log file contains the data needed to generate the graphs.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26