Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: OpenWrt (Chaos Calmer r46559) for ECI/r v1 & v2 - Update: G.INP/ReTX Support  (Read 128126 times)

bob8

• Just arrived

I amended my earlier reply before I realised you had posted a response, but sounds like you have got TFTPD working.

The TFTP transfer should be completed in mere seconds. I vaguely recall when I encountered TFTP taking an eternity to transfer on one occasion, the installation subsequently failed.  I can't remember what I did afterwards, but I did successfully install LEDE 17.01.4 by trying again and the TFTP transfer was completed in seconds.

Note that install steps for LEDE 17.01.4 ARE DIFFERENT To OpenWRT CC15 (Jsamuel). 

ie. I wouldn't like to say what would happen if you used LEDE file by using the instructions for old Chaos Calmer.....  LEDE probably won't boot.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:21:48 PM by bob8 »

Adeel567

• Just arrived

hm, I am using the LEDE 17 firmware and following those steps However, i am using a TFTP Server I think. It's found the file ending with .bin and is transferring but at bytes/sec. Is it better just to halt it right now?

bob8

• Just arrived

hmm, I think I've always left both 'server' and 'client' enabled in TFTPD settings. 

I think you could be right, it should be using TFTP server, not client.  Please disregard my comments about configuring TFTPD client.  Sorry for the confusion.

No changes will be made until you execute the Erase command.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:52:25 PM by bob8 »

Adeel567

• Just arrived

Hmmm, still not sure why it is going at bytes/sec. I have had to leave the house and even though I have USB Wi-Fi plugged in teamviewer is offline - guess it is using the wrong NIC? So I'll have to wait until I return to see if it has worked.
If this hopefully works I can just access LEDE normally and follow some guide for setting up VDSL? Is there a noticeable reduction in sync speed by using this firmware?

bob8

• Just arrived

fwiw, is 192.168.2.1 selected under 'Server interfaces' in TFTPD?

I can't think of any other reason why the transfer is so slow.

As the original ECI firmware is locked, it is difficult to compare sync speeds, but based on speed tests, I've not personally observed much difference to cause concern.

yes, you can use the LEDE install guide for Home Hub 5A to help configure VDSL connection accordingly. I've only used the modem in 'bridge mode' because I understand the performance may not be very good in 'router' mode.

Reminder the two LAN ports are transposed when viewed in switch menu in LuCI in 17.01.4.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 01:29:33 AM by bob8 »

Adeel567

• Just arrived

Also to note that I was able to get both WAN and LAN over the one cable by tagging both VLAN 1 & 2 on LAN1 and doing the same on my LEDE Router's WAN port. (where VLAN 1 is my LAN, VLAN 2 contains WAN & VLAN 3 is my Guest network but is off for this port). Then on my router under DHCP I set a random hex value due to Sky requirements and everything works fine.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 07:06:11 PM by Adeel567 »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

anything