Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: OpenWrt (Chaos Calmer r46559) for ECI/r v1 & v2 - Update: G.INP/ReTX Support  (Read 270770 times)

christopherpm

• Just arrived

Well, as it happens, I went away to cook dinner, came back and at some point during that hour or so, the tftp kicked in and the image went across. I have no idea why it took so long!

A quick question. I haven't yet plugged it into my VDSL as the connection is in the loft. I know that since rebooting, the modem is on IP 192.168.1.1. Should it be issuing DHCP addresses, and should the Web interface be working (both without connecting to broadband)?

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats

Fas as I know its just a modem. You need a router behind it to do your isp authentication and dhcp to your lan. Well I did/have done with the as listed image.
The interface on 192.168.1.1 will be viewable if you plug a pc or mac into port 2 and configure the pc or mac with a static of 192.168.1.3 for example so its in the same network as the modem, you could plug port 2 it in to your router on the lan side provided your router isnt using 192.168.1.1

The interface is viewable without the vdsl being active. The image will make the router use 192.168.1.1 as its given ip address on port2 for the interface

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 07:28:35 PM by skyeci »

christopherpm

• Just arrived

Ah! I see. Thanks :-)

toxo

• Just arrived

You might (or might not, I don't know) be interested to know that I am using this version of the OpenWRT firmware to integrate these devices into Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor. I work for a mid-sized company who support a handful (31) of external workers on DSL lines. They don't make us enough money to put enterprise grade kit in place, so I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation and use the ISP provided equipment. However it's preferable for our helpdesk to have access to stats when troubleshooting problems, which is where Solarwinds NPM comes in. The rest of the 4000+ nodes on our network are in there, so these DSL lines should be too.

At the moment I'm using SSH scripts to log in to the ECI modem remotely and scrape stats (via /etc/init.d/dsl_control lucistat as it's very machine readable) and then powershell at the server side to populate some information about the interfaces (NPM can retrieve the interface usage data via SNMP but not negotiated speeds, so I scrape them from the dsl_control output then powershell them into the database via the Solarwinds API).

Ideally as the devices are remote I'd like to use SNMPv3 to query them. I know that the version of snmpd you provide available via opkg claims to support SHA and DES (not ideal but better than plaintext SNMPv2) but I'm having a bit of difficulty getting it to work. I wonder if perhaps snmpd is lying and isn't compiled against openssl at all, so has no encryption capabilities.

Also your dsl_control script has inconsistent outputs - when referring to values that have an up and down value you suffix each var with _up or _down except signal attenuation, which has a _up but no _down :)

Either way I'm very grateful for your OpenWRT images as my attempts to build my own, either via the full toolstack tree or the image builder would never boot the device!

toxo

• Just arrived

So, further investigation with snmpd shows that it isn't compiled against openssl. This doesn't come as a surprise in a restricted environment like SoC devices. The red herring here is that if you ask snmpd if it supports encryption, it says that it does!

Code: [Select]
root@OpenWrt:/usr/lib/snmp# snmpd -H 2>&1 | grep -e 'def.*Type'
    defAuthType              MD5|SHA
    defPrivType              DES (AES support not available)

That should indicate that MD5 and SHA hashing is available for authentication, and DES (yuck) is available for encryption, but not AES. However...

Code: [Select]
root@OpenWrt:/usr/lib/snmp# snmpwalk -u Orion -A xxxxxxxx -a SHA -X xxxxxxxx -x DES -l authPriv  -v3 127.0.0.1
MIB search path: /root/.snmp/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs
Encryption support not enabled.
snmpwalk: USM encryption error

So I guess I'm on a hiding to nothing.

Sorry, this has turned into a more generic OpenWRT conversation than an ECI/r one!

JSzmanda

• Just arrived

So...
http://imgur.com/a/1RJ2z
I've killed him?

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Those messages will only appear if your cable isn't connected, or some other error on your line.

JSzmanda

• Just arrived

Mhm, so what can I do?
I maked reboot but it start again

jsamuel

• Reg Member

Connect the cable  ;D

JSzmanda

• Just arrived

/# /etc/init.d/dsl_control status
Chipset:                Lantiq™ XWAY™ VRX268
Firmware Version:       5.7.1.8.0.1
API Version:            4.16.2.4
MEI Version:            1.4.8.4
Power Management Mode:  L0 - Synchronized
Line State:             UP [0x801: showtime_tc_sync]
Line Uptime:            2m 34s
Resyncs:                4
DSLAM/MSAN VID:         IFTN
XTSE Capabilities:      0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x1, 0x0, 0x0
Annex:                  A
Line Mode:              G.992.5 (ADSL2+)
Profile:                unknown
Trellis:                D: ON / U: ON
Bitswap:                D: ON / U: OFF
G.INP:                  D: Not Enabled / U: Not Enabled
Virtual Noise Support:  D: Not Supported / U: Not Supported
Attain Data Rate:       15.316 Mb/s / 1.088 Mb/s
Actual Data Rate:       14.681 Mb/s / 1.087 Mb/s
Impulse Noise Prot:     0.0 sym / 0.0 sym
Interleave Delay:       0.25 ms / 0.25 ms
NFEC:                   255 / 34
RFEC:                   0 / 0
LSYMB:                  3672 / 274
Interleave Depth:       1 / 1
Interleave Block:       255 / 34
LPATH:                  0 / 0
Line Attenuation:       27.5dB / 11.7dB
Signal Attenuation:     25.6dB / 12.0dB
Noise Margin:           4.0dB / 6.8dB
Transmit power:         11.3dBm / 20.3dBm
FECS:                   0 / 0
ES:                     1 / 0
SES:                    1 / 0
LOSS:                   1 / 3
UAS:                    334 / 334
HEC:                    0 / 14
CRC_P:                  0 / 0
CRCP_P:                 0 / 0
15m Code Violations:    0 / 49
15m FEC Errors:         0 / 0
1d Code Violations:     137 / 81
1d FEC Errors:          0 / 0

So it's ok?

ejs

• Kitizen

ADSL2+ usually uses ATM, not PTM, so those messages have have been something to do with the configuration for ADSL or the auto selection of ATM vs. PTM.

JSzmanda

• Just arrived

So what I have to do?

Now I can just connect router to LAN1 port and set up pppoe connection?
I have BT line. In router I have OpenWRT too.

JSzmanda

• Just arrived

Hi,

I need help, please :(

I've connected Belkin router to LAN1 ECI port, on Belkin I've set up a pppoe connection providing username and password - but it's not working, it show con connected info.
In ECI greed led is not blinking, only orange is lighting.

What is going one?

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
Re: OpenWrt (Chaos Calmer r46559) for ECI/r v1 & v2 - Update: G.INP/ReTX Support
« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2016, 09:50:04 PM »

Has it been confirmed if jsamuel's firmware supports G.INP on the US and the DS?

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
Re: OpenWrt (Chaos Calmer r46559) for ECI/r v1 & v2 - Update: G.INP/ReTX Support
« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2016, 10:01:49 PM »

When my eci cab had g.inp and I used an unlocked eci modem using jsamuels firmware  on my link it had g.inp on ds only.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26