Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Weird 10 Minute Sync Loss  (Read 1575 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Weird 10 Minute Sync Loss
« on: August 05, 2015, 12:37:13 AM »

Tonight had another of the mystery resyncs, the street went out as my neighbour also his connection.

On resyncing, the sync was same as before but the attainable was lower than normal, around the 72k mark:

I forced a resync - everything still ok, but the line has now returned to normal. There's a spike in SNR after the first resync, I assume after the resync and the rest of the cab catching up:

Fortunately it seems back to normal, but the reason for the outage, software update to the cab? Vectoring roll out? Any ideas?
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
Re: Weird 10 Minute Sync Loss
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 11:08:13 AM »

It was God.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 06:37:18 PM »

It was God.

Possible, but an unhelpful response.

Anyone else seen something similar?
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

mrpops2ko

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 02:20:27 AM »

I doubt you are going to get something more expansive than AlecR's response. I also just got a connection drop which resulted in lower sync speed. Noticed that 4 other people also disconnected at the same time on MyDSLwebstats.

lf2k

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 02:08:38 PM »

@jid: I don't know if this helps, but I had a line drop at a similar time (just after midnight on the 5th).

Before, my connection was a steady 5-8 - 6.3 SNRM (both up and down) depending on the time of day.

After the resync my upstream SNRM dropped to 4.8 - which I liked, since I got a couple of Mbps extra upstream!  Unlike your connection however, it's remained "odd" ever since.

Currently, my line is showing 7.3 down/4.8 up - which is weird!  (Some kind of banded profile)?

Looking at MDWS I see a lot of lines with lower SNRM than normal. :hmm:

But since you mentioned vectoring, does anyone know what stats to check for if vectoring was enabled on an HG612?

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 02:24:48 PM »

It sounds like there was a temporary power loss at the cabinet and your line came up first. The reduced background noise (as there were fewer lines to act as antennae) allowed the line to temporarily sync faster.

When the other lines came back up, the noise returned and so your SNRM dropped.

anything