Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HG612 Alternative?  (Read 7007 times)

lcl00

Re: HG612 Alternative?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 10:36:57 AM »

Has the VMG8324 been discontinued?  I can't seem to find it on sale anywhere, apart from unusual places with quite limited numbers.

Here

Thanks for that!  I've ordered one, should be here on Monday. :)

Might hold off until G.INP is enabled to start messing around with it - still waiting for that!

brutos

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 11:14:26 AM »

I Bought the Biillion 8800NL to replace the HG612 and so far it seems very good my sync went up from 69Mbps to 73Mpbs and MX attainable 74Mbps
Snr VoIP Engineer
SCCA Certified
Cisco R&S Certified.

lcl00

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 04:01:20 PM »

My ZyXEL VMG8324 arrived today... a very nice modem/router combo.  It seems like it would make a very adequate all in one unit.  However, for me it was being used as a modem only.  I updated to the newest firmware on the ZyXEL website (V100AAKL7C0).

The improvement in download was about 200kbits and the upload was reduced by about 300kbits... so no real gain.  Back to the HG612!  I'll maybe give it another go later with some of the newer firmwares.  I had read a few pages of the thread on the different firmwares in use, but got a bit lost given how many there are!

I took the opportunity to change the Mk3 faceplate and another RJ11 cable, just in case either of those were causing issues - apparently not.  The only thing I could possibly change now is the power adapter, but given that the ZyXEL was syncing so similarly, I don't suspect that to be an issue either.

I suppose it's good to know that my line is functioning optimally.  I'm quite pleased with a nearly 42mbits sync on a line that's around 1250m!  Now just to get rid of this hateful interleaving and get G.INP on the line which is STILL not active... I'm not the most patient of fellows so waiting on this really isn't easy. :(
Pages: 1 [2]

anything