Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Damaged PCP - Worth reporting?  (Read 2172 times)

Mark07

• Reg Member
Damaged PCP - Worth reporting?
« on: August 03, 2015, 10:02:21 PM »

Hey guys, about a week ago someone had the brilliant idea to try and turn an artic lorry round in a road barely big enough for 2 cars, and ended up getting wedged between a pub on one side of the road, and our PCP on the other side  ::)

Now my question is, is it worth reporting this to anyone? IE is there a possibility rain will get in and cause issues? I'd like to think someone has already told BT (the pub is being surveyed to make sure it's structurally safe) but it's been a week and the PCP is still dented... pic below, thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/QlycoUl.jpg

EDIT: The cab was only replaced 2 weeks ago, as you can tell by the shinyness and lack of graffiti  :D

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Damaged PCP - Worth reporting?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 10:25:42 PM »

Indeed, report it. Good for you.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:28:56 PM »

I watched a YouTube video where a guy from BT was talking about (forthcoming?) door seals for green cabinets which would keep water out completely. I know there have been serious problems with water causing corrosion in some cabinets.

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 10:43:51 PM »

I'll give OR a call tomorrow and make sure they're aware of it, there's a lot of businesses go through that PCP, so if it was to fail then there'd be a lot of angry business customers  ;D

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 12:49:50 AM »

Here is the relevent Openreach page with details how to report damage to external plant.

[off topic]
I'll also mention that the BT Security department's telephone number is 0800 321999. The occasion to use that number would be, for example, if you witness a gang of pikeys making off with a length of E-side cabling.
[/off topic]
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 04:15:29 AM »

Thanks for that, I did call that number to report that the damage but I was on hold for about 7 minutes and I didn't really want to hang around that long, I'll give it another go tomorrow  :)

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 12:32:19 PM »

Update - Reported it to Openreach and  they're going to send someone round to have a look. They gave me a reference number, which I have no way of actually checking up on so it's going to be a "wait and see" I think.

Worryingly they couldn't seem to find it from the cab number and exchange code, had to give them the postcode and tell them what was near it  :-\

anything