Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Head Scratcher  (Read 2233 times)

rjinblack1977

• Just arrived
Head Scratcher
« on: July 28, 2015, 06:52:25 PM »

Good afternoon, I hope I'm in the right place. I'm having issues with my phone - I'm getting "missed calls" which don't actually ring. I don't recognise the numbers and thought initially they were trying to call a Chinese or a taxi and when I've tried calling the numbers back, they all say they haven't made any calls!

Thing is, calls are coming in normally as well... The phone is a BT 1500.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 07:01:53 PM by rjinblack1977 »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Head Scratcher
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 07:18:12 PM »

Without line test results, it can only be a guess ............... and my guess is it a 'Line-card' issue at the Telephone Exchange.

1st step is to ring your CP and ask them to run a test.  :) PS .... welcome.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 10:24:43 PM »

Perhaps call 17070 and check that the announcement agrees with that of your own number?  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

rjinblack1977

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 03:27:39 PM »

Thanks guys - line tests are passing and 17070 brings up my number. It's really odd as calls made to me are getting through OK. The exchange has been checked too. It's been suggested the fault might be with my phone but I can't see how... I'm going to try borrowing a spare one, just in case...

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 04:35:50 PM »

Intriguing.   :hmm:

Just to be clear - when you say 'missed calls', are you saying that there's no indication of an incoming call, but then you later find the number displayed on your handset and/or caller display unit?

Are the numbers all on your own exchange, or at least in the same 01xxx group?
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 06:09:45 PM »

Thanks guys - line tests are passing and 17070 brings up my number. It's really odd as calls made to me are getting through OK. The exchange has been checked too. It's been suggested the fault might be with my phone but I can't see how... I'm going to try borrowing a spare one, just in case...

When they say the Exchange has been checked, they mean they've done the 17070 test, and checked the 'mapping' (wiring) is correct. They won't have checked the PSTN Line-card, as they can't do.

It is indeed a head-scratcher, and apart from you cordless phone being on the same wireless channel as a neighbours, I can only see it being an Exchange port fault ...... or the TAMS equipment (Test equipment) should you be on an LLU'd line ?.

anything