Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: openreach modem, sky fiber, help!  (Read 1767 times)

lee2009

openreach modem, sky fiber, help!
« on: July 21, 2015, 07:53:01 AM »

hi guys

currently on sky adsl using a billion 7800n.

just moved to sky fiber, which will be going live any time today (yes I know my 7800n wont work at the min, and I have a sky router to use with the fiber)

to use my existing billion, and if I have researched this correctly I need to do the following.

1. buy a locked / unlocked BT Openreach Huawei EchoLife HG612 3B modem (and use the guides etc off this site to unlock if its locked)

2. follow the guides over at billion to config my 7800n to work with the Huawei.

is that it or have I missed anything, trying to bag a bargin on the bay as we speak for the above open reach modem.

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: openreach modem, sky fiber, help!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 08:12:17 AM »

You know you have to get your sky username and password out of the Sky router? I think this works if you choose Sagem in the dropdown http://www.ph-mb.com/products/sky-calc

lee2009

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 08:16:44 AM »

hi dray, yep I forgot about that, I guess the username and password im using on adsl (7800n) will change for the fiber?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 08:27:59 AM »

Good question. I know it comes pre-configured in the Sky router, but I can't see why you can't use the old one - or even the default one assigned when BE/O2 was absorbed.