Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: New FTTC connection was getting 70mbps down. Now getting 47mbps  (Read 18759 times)

KIAB

• Reg Member
Re: New FTTC connection was getting 70mbps down. Now getting 47mbps
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2015, 10:14:46 AM »

Had a engineer here to resolved a long time problem with my connection, he spent two days here sorting the problem.
He achieved what others couldn't, got me from 9Mb to 69Mb:o, what I found strange he found so many faults that should have been picked by previous engineers, & was surprised they weren't.

The quailty of engineers seem to vary a lot with OR, some go by the books, others throw them away &
approach the problem from a different perspective.

carrtim1

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2015, 10:42:54 AM »

G.INP question. Mydslwebstats sent me an email saying G.INP has been enabled on my line. The email was sent at 8:48am Is this the time it was enabled. Can you tell me when it became active?

In respect to the previous post. My first engineer visit was like this. No fault, only when he keeping digging he discovered a fault port at the cab. The 2nd engineer visit summed it up and said just because the test kit is showing no fault that doesn't mean there isn't a fault because clearly there is. Then the next 2 visits they engineers played it by the book and just performed a tick box exercise and because of that OR stick by their reports and not the first 2 engineer visits. Probably because it's less work and less cost!

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2015, 01:15:34 PM »

Had a engineer here to resolved a long time problem with my connection, he spent two days here sorting the problem.
He achieved what others couldn't, got me from 9Mb to 69Mb:o, what I found strange he found so many faults that should have been picked by previous engineers, & was surprised they weren't.

The quailty of engineers seem to vary a lot with OR, some go by the books, others throw them away &
approach the problem from a different perspective.

what we also dont know is if the good engineer had a different fault order from the isp.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2015, 05:03:52 PM »

G.INP question. Mydslwebstats sent me an email saying G.INP has been enabled on my line. The email was sent at 8:48am Is this the time it was enabled. Can you tell me when it became active?

There is a gap in your stats, but it must have been some time between 06:30 & 08:46 (according to the MDWS B0 INP graph).

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2015, 05:15:55 PM »

Mine also became active this morning.

It seems that cabinets that went live around 3 months ago are being done now.

carrtim1

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2015, 07:04:14 PM »

My ISP LNS router that is brand new and in testing stage hung and so downed my connection. I knew the risks when I agreed to being connected to it at test phase. That is reflected in the gap that can be seen.

Mydslwebstats sent me email telling me G.INP was now active on my live at 8:48 so I can only assume it happened around this time.

Have you seen any increase in sync speed since being G.INP'd? I've not seen any improvement with sync speeds. I have noticed though that during the day my speeds would drop terribly and sometimes to as low as 6mbps. This has happened today. The lowest it's dropped to is 30mbps but then running the test again it's back up to 44mbps. So I'm hoping G.INP has sorted that issue out.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2015, 10:31:50 PM »

I have seen a small improvement but that's down to the interleaving depth being reduce from over 800 to 4.

It's the upload that still disappoints me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

anything