Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Attainable rate lower sync rate.  (Read 6800 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Attainable rate lower sync rate.
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 12:05:25 AM »

I have made up maxDataRate for Forceware after look at his MDWS stats

xdslcmd configure --maxDataRate 15000 479 15479 this will reduce your DS Sync rate by 1531Kbps and keep your US sync rate at 479.

But after looking at MDWS your DLM error status indicators are all green so i don't know if you should use the command.

forceware

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 07:23:31 AM »

Thank you both for your help. I will take your advice NS and leave well alone in the hope dlm puts me back on fastpath. If and when it does, I'll then use these commands to cap my line.

forceware

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 06:59:51 AM »

Good morning all, I've just seen this morning that my line has gone back to fastpath😎. I dont have time to cap the line this morning before work. I would just like to run the procedure past you.
1 turn off modem and router then disconnect DSL lead.
2 turn on modem.
3 telnet the line: xdslcmd configure --maxDataRate 15000 479 15479 ( exactly as written here?)
4 wait more then half an hour from turn off the turn modem back on and reconnect DSL line.

Is this correct? Also I may like to go down to 14000 just to be really sure. My line is retrain reason 1 atm.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 08:03:29 AM »

That looks fine.  The third number can be bigger than the sum of the other two, it is a separate rate limit to the sum.   You might as well let the upstream be as fast as seems likely

xdslcmd configure --maxDataRate 15000 500 20000 would be fine or

xdslcmd configure --maxDataRate 14000 500 20000

The command will cause an immediate resync which won't matter if you don't do it more than once a day.  I disable vdsl on the modem (Hg612) and then re-enable it after power on with the data rate command.  This enables the recommended 30 mins interval between on and off.

e.g.      xdslcmd configure --mod v --maxDataRate 60040 16040 100000

the --mod v     enables vdsl.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 08:33:02 AM »

According to the modem, the command is

xdslcmd configure --maxDataRate maxDsDataRateKbps maxUsDataRateKbps maxAggrDataRateKbps

It is possible to script telnet using TST10.exe http://npr.me.uk/scripting.html

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 07:51:40 PM »

Forceware you need to capp your sync as soon as possible or you will loose fastfast in a few days look at your current errored seconds for both Downstream and Upstream you are already in amber on both  :(

forceware

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 09:22:25 PM »

Ok, I'm doing it now, have placed the command line in. Just waiting for half an hour to be up then going to put DSL lead back in

forceware

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 09:58:52 PM »

Wow, thank you very much everyone it worked! (I'm a bit of a technical clutz sometimes). I've a 9db snr now, so hopefully that will keep those pesky errors down to a minimum. If for any reason I have a resync, will I need to imput the command each time or will the hg612 obay it all the time it's switched on?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 10:22:39 PM »

If for any reason I have a resync, will I need to imput the command each time or will the hg612 obay it all the time it's switched on?

The only time the command is lost is when you turn off the HG612 and you will need to enter it again, and a resync by the DLM the command should survive.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything