Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: If you won the lottery, would you change ISP, improve your internet conn h/w?  (Read 2221 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick

or to put it another way, is your current ISP your dream ISP?

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything

Current ISP is Plusnet, and since joining in 2008 I've had no serious problems.

However, given recent developments, I have misgivings on how well a fault would be handled were one to occur.

In answer to your question, therefore, no, PN are not my dream ISP, and if I won the lottery, or even had a few grand from premium bonds, I'd happily pay, say, AAISP for quality and peace of mind.
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530

renluop

• Kitizen

If I won the lottery? There's more chance of BTOR and some ISPs becoming efficient. ::)

Being a late septuagenarian, there is not that much I need, so I'd use the money to help my own offspring and their kids; also other needy folk. Spending on matters internet or self wold not be in any way a top priority.

P.s. Neither of us need one yet! Matching battericars might be something to consider. ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk

I'd also probably move to the likes of Zen or AAISP. 

Mind you if I won the lottery and money was no object and you wanted to throw cash around, then I suppose there are other options that you could do depending on how far you are from the exchange and how deep your pocket is.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP

First I would move house.

Second ideally I would have 3 connections, one on cable, one on LLU FTTC and another on BTw FTTC for redundancy and choice of routing.. The BTw FTTC would probably be aaisp.

tommy45

• Reg Member

I after moving home would have a true fibre connection but not using BT they are just a rip off, rip off with failing to provide 1gb SYMMETRICAL speeds over a true fibre service,(probably because they cant support it 24/7 )  and  have a FTTC service as back up

underzone

• Reg Member

Fook yeah! 10Gb uncontested dark fibre straight to JANET core. Thanks, that will be £10k per annum.