Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Plusnet have pulled their Performance/Usage Graphs  (Read 27133 times)

tommy45

• Reg Member
Plusnet have pulled their Performance/Usage Graphs
« on: July 07, 2015, 10:38:20 PM »

As above, but why have they done so?

http://www.plus.net/support/service/network_performance/broadband_bandwidth_usage.shtml#totalTraffic

The above link now redirects to plusnet's useless help assistant Jess
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:42:22 PM by tommy45 »

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Plusnet have pulled their Performance/Usage Graphs
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 10:45:14 PM »

Commercially sensitive information that no-one else publishes, according to a response on their own forum.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 11:50:51 PM »

Yeah I saw that.     I went to the forum last night because when I got home my connection was awful - this was at gone 10pm so god knows what it would have been like earlier in the evening.  I was only getting 12Mbps and web pages wouldnt load properly.     

I did a pipe hopping session, but then couldnt get connected at all.   Not chuffed - usual no response from the reps on the forum.
I'm really not liking the way things are heading atm. :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 12:13:49 AM »

Oh dear. It does seem as if the predictions made, when Plusnet were bought by BT Group, are coming true.  :(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 12:55:34 AM »

though those predictions have taken a longish time coming.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 01:19:16 AM »

the current slide with plusnet started when the current CEO joined end of 2013.

As I understand it 2013 was a good year for plusnet, right at the end of 2013 they were starting the ipv6 trial and people were generally happy.

Early 2014 the digital care team was scrapped with the complaints team taking over the role of forum support.  At the same time this occurred the updates on capacity upgrades ceased and all activity in fixing ipv6 issues seemed to stop as well.

Late 2014 congestion issues were becoming more visible, and escalated significantly starting in jan 2015.

In 2015 the ticket system was hidden, and eventually removed.
Live chat was introduced a system both BT retail and sky use.

Also the dodgy BNG gateways were introduced in 2015 and now take the vast majority of new sessions.

During spring 2015 plusnet staff warned the graphs were going to be removed when people were using those graphs in the capacity thread as evidence of problems, and of course in the past day they actually did get removed.

LRS savings have been significantly reduced compared to what they used to be, given LRS is non refundable its probably a good idea to not use it anymore.

Line rental and voice service costs continue to rise way above inflation (granted many isps have this issue).

40/10 was bizarrely changed to 40/20 in late 2014, which turned out to be a short term move as within the past 1-2 months it has now been dropped to 40/2.

Call centre waiting time's continue to rise dispite promises to get them reduced, ticket waiting times were typically 5+ days.

July 16th 2015 24/7 support will end for residential customers, with the ticket system gone, someone wont even be able to leave a ticket at those hours.

With the way things are going, I will be surprised if the likes of chris parr and matthew will still be providing support on the forums at the end of 2015.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:23:59 AM by Chrysalis »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 02:26:41 AM »

I can only echo what Chrys said above.  In 2013 they were good and people were happy.  Its only the very end of 2014 when small changes started occurring and 2015 before things started to impact.

BT mostly left them alone and their first CEO appointed by BT IMHO was brilliant..   Neil Laycock picked Plusnet up and turned it right round. 
He was honest and as open with the EU's as he could be and under his rule there wasn't any issues with congestion and they even laid back with the Ellacoyas and CS was good.

I really don't know what's going on behind closed doors atm, but it all seems to be about the money..  the prices are budget aimed at getting new users in - although prices havent dropped for existing users.    They are obviously banking on bringing users in at practically a loss hoping they will stay..  but at this rate if things continue to slide the way they have done over the past 4 months in particular, then I doubt they will continue to maintain their award winning customer satisfaction.    Im seeing deja-vu of how things were just before Neil Laycock took over :(

When they start attracting in so many new users that are bringing little profit, then of course things like "centrals" and staff start to slide.
I don't say much,  but I can't help but observe the situation from another more personal source and its sad to see what the impact is on some very good staff who have/had been with PN for donkey's years.     
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 12:48:42 PM »

I was seeing congestion at peak times back in 2013 within the first 6 mths of switching to them i switched in April 13 , and they the woeful forum reps where playing the blame everything but them and BT back then And they  where  all about money back then too with big cash backs offered via 3rd parties, that often would be problematic for EU's  when it came round to being paid, it's all there on their forums or was,

Terranova667

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 11:39:03 PM »

They have now pulled the ability to see what your Plusnet profile is set to which was very useful especially for new members that had joined when their speeds were not being quite what they should be it would be the first thing you would ask them to check,  seriously what the hell are they doing. 

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 11:52:38 PM »

wow that is crazy.  So its no longer a 30 sec job to check if the plusnet profile stuck?

Terranova667

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 12:02:13 AM »

This was Plusnets response .   "The information on there, whilst useful for some people shouldn't really need to be shown as the profile should (and it does update the vast majority of the time now) keep up to date with the IP profile which is the more relevant number when looking in to connection problems."   :no:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:04:40 AM by Terranova667 »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 12:53:39 AM »

I have a funny sort of tingle in my whiskers that during the next six months there will be a general exodus (of the more knowledgeable users) from Plusnet to other providers.  :( 
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 08:04:13 AM »

It's looking increasingly as though I'll be one of those, when my contract comes to an end.
  Eric

simoncraddock

• Reg Member
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 10:46:15 AM »

and it does update the vast majority of the time now

Clearly not true because I've had to contact them today about the wrong profile on my line, 10mbps below my true speed is artificial capping. How many unsuspecting customers will fall victim to the stupid profiling system they use?
Fritzbox 7490 l Plusnet FTTC

Oldjim

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 11:39:33 AM »

as a very prolific poster and long term member over there unfortunately I can only agree with the comments by Chrysalis and I will not be renewing my LRS in December as there is no real saving and all it does is to give an effective lockin even when there are price rises
Jim
Plusnet
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6