Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Plusnet drops 24/7 UK call centre  (Read 2653 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

Mark07

• Reg Member
Re: Plusnet drops 24/7 UK call centre
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 09:43:47 AM »

Probably makes sense, I mean how many calls do they really get ater say 10-11pm anyway? It's a waste of time employing people to sit twiddling their thumbs all night. Might as well move those staff to the busy times and get the calls answered quicker.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 09:50:56 AM »

The reason we used to call at night was because during the day there was a two hour wait sometimes.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:06:09 AM by AlecR »

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 10:01:22 AM »

Fair point, personally I usually used the forums, was a lot easier and didn't involve sitting on the phone forever! The live chat is quite useful now too.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 10:06:27 AM »

Oh they have a live chat? That is useful.

We're thinking of migrating back.

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 10:50:39 AM »

Yep it pops up on the left hand side of your member centre, if there are agents available that is.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 03:00:39 PM »

The reason we used to call at night was because during the day there was a two hour wait sometimes.

I've found the wait worse at 1am than during the day. Presumably there always were a lot fewer staff overnight anyway.

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 03:02:11 PM »

I've found the wait worse at 1am than during the day. Presumably there always were a lot fewer staff overnight anyway.

I read somewhere recently there was usually only 3 or 4 people in covering the nightshift

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 06:52:51 PM »

I used to call a fair bit in the late evenings because at one time it was better than the day, or because I may not have been home during the day/earlier part of the evening.     Things have changed since then and staffing numbers increased so Ive no idea what percentage cover the night calls now, but in days of old there used to be enough to man the calls and it was very often night staff who used to catch up on the days tickets. 

Their percentage of types of customers have now changed - larger numbers of customers meaning those that do ring up outside of hours will be fewer and further between.  That doesnt mean there isnt a demand, I would find it more ameinable if they stretched it to midnight or even 11 and started a bit earlier. 
I would hope that this also means that there are skeleton staff still available to put things out like SS reports etc.

Why I find it most surprising is that they have always been proud of 24/7 support and its one of the things that ticked boxes in the early days of DSL - but now they are becoming the budget ISP and theyve always made a big thing about the 24/7.  For the past 2 yrs support times arent good despite promises that it would improve after recruiting more staff, then opening the new centre in Leeds. 

I'm not too sure if I personally like the way things are beginning to slide.  Ticket system, not as many CS on the forums, 40/2 etc.  Once upon a time Plusnet used to be a techie ISP, but now its showing more and more signs of the budget ISP which BT seems to have it earmarked out for.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

phi2008

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 01:47:35 PM »

Plusnet can chase TalkTalk, they can massively increase customer numbers, but they will become a rather cr*p ISP in the process.

Friendly UK support is their USP, if they mess up support I'll probably be looking elsewhere when I get the chance.  :(