Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: sky  (Read 4831 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: sky
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 12:44:21 PM »

rizla I guess you have stuk it out with sky fiber pro? Positives of the sky network keeping you there I guess.

Got my welcome letter today which is somewhat amusing but wont be amusing if I have a line fault in future.

Estimated speed matches the current BTw estimate, however sky also supply a minimum guaranteed speed which I assume is used if a fault occurs.  My guaranteed speed is 36mbit.  Which is way below BTw's min estimate even for an impacted line.  Someone on the fiber pro forums posted they had a 76 estimate with a guaranteed speed of 66mbit, so for me to have a guaranteed speed over 30mbit below my estimate is pretty bad.  It seems if I proceed I am taking a lot of risks here with the BE support, default standard/stable profile (default profile noone seems to know for sure what it is) and this very low guaranteed speed.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 12:54:56 PM »

EX outsourced BE support (based in Bulgaria) whilst possibly better than front-line sky support  where nothing to write home about  IMO so i wouldn't let that influence you

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 09:25:49 PM »

The connection runs at linespeed (80/20) 24/7 and on the one occasion I had BTOR out was during the self-install trial period which was expedited. If you include UKOnline then I think I've had one problem (congested static IP tunnel) in the last six or seven years.

Provided your line is OK then Sky "just works". Don't expect bells & whistles - stay away from the forums & its fine.

You should be able to set static IP via MySky & I think you get to change it 3 times max. You can of course go back to dynamic anyway but it's probably going to be sticky for a while.

Edit - my estimated maximum speed is set at 70Mbps which is funny as its now at 56Mbps (impacted) on the BT checker. BT just change the figures to fit the targets but it'll be amusing if I have a fault.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:53:41 PM by rizla »
Pages: 1 [2]