Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats - DLM Monitor  (Read 15494 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: MyDSLWebStats - DLM Monitor
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 11:50:08 AM »

Default FTTC profile standard

Apparently pro customers can choose their profile (even on FTTC) which I will find out in 2 weeks I guess.

It does indeed appear that Standard is the norm, but they allow their unlimited fibre pro accounts to opt for Speed if they prefer.  - link.

In fact any ISP should be able to do this on a line basis anyhow, its just if the ISP is willing to co-operate and submit the change to Openreach.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 09:41:08 PM »

well sky have apparently been arguing with BTw for a year for remote control of the DLM profile which is why it isnt in the control panel yet.

Earlier this year they were doing manual requests to openreach to put people on speed (the ex BE support team calls it speedy tho).

However I am currently been told they changed the policy and will refuse my request until the remote system is up and running.

Of course I have told them I will be requesting it anyway after I am activated, I mean its not that hard for them to do the order for a profile change.

So i do expect my sync to drop on activation day for 2 reasons I guess.

1 - The order is a cease followed by a provide, thats how it works when migrating to a different GEA provider.
2 - Change of DLM profile.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:43:42 PM by Chrysalis »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 10:00:12 AM »

A lot of the ISP's have been pressing BT for DLM control for a couple of years.  I think it was last year that PN had said that BT were looking into it.

I'm not quite sure how much it complicates things in that parts of the DLM system is owned by BTWholesale rather than Openreach and the ridiculous system whereby you have some ISPs purchasing a product from BTWholesale, which in part is provided by Openreach, which then relies on a system provided/owned by Wholesale.  ???

Yes the profile can be done by any ISP by submitting a request, from what I can gather that part isn't very hard because it is the about the only config change that is easily accessible.     I would definitely push them for it though since it says on their forum.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2015, 04:44:01 PM »

Why don't they just stick us all on the Speed Profile as you have plenty of errored second headroom compared to Standard and that stable profile it wouldn,t take to much errors seconds for a DLM intervention, to me it seems a waist of a profile and what is the gain being on stable if you can get it ?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2015, 05:10:35 PM »

well the dude who seems to know half of what he is doing is back from holiday now, the lass who was covering for him seemed clueless.  So will see what happens :)

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2015, 07:32:02 PM »

The standard and stable profiles are overkill, hit as little as 80error secs upstream in a 24hr period and you are on an amber light, pathetic as this amount of error isn't service affecting , are BT OR or Wholesale really that dumb,?  the best thing they could do with DLM is allow ISP's to disable it where the EU requests that

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2015, 09:56:44 PM »

even if they did only isps like aaisp would disable it, sky and BT retail wouldnt for sure.

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 10:22:13 PM »

even if they did only isps like aaisp would disable it, sky and BT retail wouldnt for sure.
Because their support staff are next to useless ,but there's no way i would ever be a customer of either for BB

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2015, 06:29:37 PM »

Can somebody advise were the first coloum of lights are amber please

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 12:06:46 PM »

Amber means the DLM is happy with the profile it has you on.  Some lines may remain in amber status.   
-----

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 08:00:52 AM »

Can somebody please look at my stats please. I think i have an issue but bt say everything ok.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2015, 09:29:05 AM »

Lots of errors, lots of interleaving. Is your phone line noisy?

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2015, 11:09:54 AM »

No phone line clear no noise. Thus has only started over passed two weeks since a lot of work being carried out on cabinet. Spoke to bt last night but they will not send an engineer as there is no fault.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2015, 12:04:48 PM »

The interleaving seems to be dealing with it. What impact is it having for you?

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2015, 12:54:06 PM »

Just the errors increased ping and cant get a upload sync above 5 which used to sync around 7 - 7.5 download speed at the moment has not been effected much
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4