Kitz ADSL Broadband Information
adsl spacer  
Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum
   Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


Author Topic: HG612 Stats filled hard drive  (Read 1271 times)


  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 70
HG612 Stats filled hard drive
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:19:39 PM »

Hi guys, been a while, but still around!

I've built a PC with a 240gb SSD to do logs/data/stats recording, and stashed in the airing cupboard with remote access.

Logged in this morning and found the system really slow, with errors of disc full being displayed. So fired up Tree-size to see what was going on and found over the last 2 days my HG612 stats program had 2 folders in the current stats of around 80-odd gig each from the stats! These were recorded on the 2nd and 3rd only.

Couldn't access them, so just deleted them.

How would this happen? I have loads of files from the stats that are around 1mb for an 8 hour period.

Totally confused.....



  • Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • *
  • Posts: 2721
Re: HG612 Stats filled hard drive
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 10:16:46 PM »

That's the first time this issue has been raised.

I can only imagine that the disturbances your connection experienced caused HG612_current_stats.exe to go into some sort of a loop, resulting in the huge data increase(s).



  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 70
Re: HG612 Stats filled hard drive
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 10:37:07 PM »

The connection has been getting a tad flaky for the last few months, but never really noticed it with a Virgin connection as well through a dual wan router. It seemed to be worse in the day so wasn't to bothered, thought it was noise or cross talk.

But on Friday, virgin was off for 3 hours and boy did I notice it!

So bit the bullet and called PN support and got a proper tech service guy who said their tests had seen a copper joint issue.

Openreach was in the cab at 13:30 yesterday and it seems to have been since then.

Had to kill the task and delete the 2 folders. Have reinstated now, so will see what happens.

I see I also got a DLM reset after he'd been messing in the cab....but see it went off for two chunks of time today.

Awaiting PN to pass back the openreach visit report now.