Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sky Offer 75% off TV Bundles for 12 months  (Read 26328 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Sky Offer 75% off TV Bundles for 12 months
« on: June 18, 2015, 07:54:57 PM »

;D I got letter from sky as they offering me 12 months of family bundles with sports & movies with HD pack with 75% off. So, I rang up sky and gave the code from my letter. The person say to me yes you got 75% off for family bundles with sports & movies plus HD pack and also we are credit your account £100 as well. That's sound too good as they say to me the breakdown are:

Family with Sports & Movies £17.62 for 12 months then £70.50 thereafter
HD Pack (Sports & Movies) £1.31 for 12 months then £5.25 thereafter
Free SkyGo Extra (2 months are including)
£100 credit into your account

So, I cannot believe how on earth Sky throwing in best deal ever! I am shocked to be honest! That's was £18.93 a month but already got £100 on credit mean no bills for the next five months then the remaining seven months of £18.93.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Sky Offer 75% off TV Bundles for 12 months
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 10:07:19 PM »

:)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

KIAB

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 12:23:11 PM »

:o :o :o

Wish Sky would send me the same offer, been with them years, & nothing. :(

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »

:o :o :o

Wish Sky would send me the same offer, been with them years, & nothing. :(

I left sky last year (it was 15 months ago) before they sent me 75% off by letter in post this week.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 01:26:09 PM »

sadly these offers are selective, I dont know how they select people but I can say sky have never ever offered me one of these super deals, even from the retentions department.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 04:20:03 PM »

We are in the process of downgrading from the family pack(just gone up £3 to £34.75)to the basic Origin pack which is £21.75.We never watch a big percentage of the dozens of channels on offer and trying to download box sets when your connection speed is around 2.5mb is shall we say a little challenging  ;D

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 05:00:32 PM »

We're in the process of saying "Screw you" to Sky TV.

You can get a Roku 3 box for £60 or so (or £14.99 for a NowTV branded version) with 3 months Entertainment for free.

After that its £6.99/month for (mainly) the same Sky TV "Entertainment" channels that they charge £21.50/month for with a Sky box.

Oh and for the £6.99/month deal on Roku/NowTV you get access to the boxsets which will bump your "SkyTV box" package from £21.50 to £26.50.

A freesat box is probably £50 so even if you buy the Roku 3 (rather than the Sky "NowTV" box) you should probably recover your costs within 7 months. After that you'll be saving £19/month & you can cancel NowTV online - rather than the "you have to call us to cancel" nonsense with "SkyTV box" (which is now under active investigation by Ofcom).

Sky own part of Roku so Amazon stuff is not going to happen in the UK for now. Netflix works fine as do all the major "catchup" services.

Edit - obviously you'd need an "unlimited" BB provider if you watch a lot of Sky stuff. Oh and if you're an existing Sky TV customer then you will need to use another email address to sign-up for NowTV - not at all surprised at that ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:04:38 PM by rizla »

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 05:12:22 PM »

You can get 75% off every year if you cancel your Sky package, wait a few weeks and just before it is due to be cancelled, they will offer you 75% off.

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »

Yes but that's recurring hassle Alec. A simple online "turn it off/turn it on" option is far more appealing to me.

NowTV subs for "Entertainment" (AFAICT) are 74% cheaper than SkyTV anyway....

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »

Just an update on the Roku3 box & NowTV.

Works fine - much snappier than the Sky box we have (2011 vintage).

The EPG for live TV isn't as good but that's not surprising given how much Sky have spent on the EPG. It may be that the NowTV branded version of the Roku3 has a better EPG but I dunno as I haven't seen a review of the NowTV box with the v3 hardware.

All of the boxsets which Sky charged an extra fiver/month on Sky TV are present & correct

I think the really salient point is that the Sky box hasn't been turned on for anything other than (oldish) recordings since the Roku box turned up.

Netflix works fine as do the catchup services for terrestrial UK TV.

Time to bin Sky TV & save £20/month while still having the same channels plus boxsets we don't have now. I shall look forward to the rententions convo where I explain they're going to actually have to pay me a couple of quid a month to keep Sky TV - bet that's not a 12 month contract :P

Nice having a remote that doesn't have 30 buttons on it as well. Oh & the remote is wireless, not IR so you can point it at Mars & it'll still work.

I like this Roku3 box - do note I have it on a wired network, not tried the wireless network connection.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:32:24 PM by rizla »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 11:45:41 PM »

Thanks for the update.

The EPG for live TV isn't as good but that's not surprising given how much Sky have spent on the EPG. It may be that the NowTV branded version of the Roku3 has a better EPG but I dunno as I haven't seen a review of the NowTV box with the v3 hardware.

If I had more time I'd certainly be tempted by YouView.   Does anyone know what the EPG is like on their boxes?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

speedyrite

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 08:45:30 AM »

Doing much the same here actually. We like the idea of no commitment so that you can turn it off & on as required.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 10:46:14 PM »

Thanks for the update.

If I had more time I'd certainly be tempted by YouView.   Does anyone know what the EPG is like on their boxes?

YouView EPG is amazing! Back and forth 7 days, as well as your series links and HD. BT have YouView spot on in terms of live content, HD IPTV channels etc. Humax is the best box manufacturer, the TalkTalk Huawei ones are a load of rubbish to behonest, underpowered and software unstable. But it's manageable, if I had the money I'd but the new Humax box.
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 06:18:22 PM »

Doing much the same here actually. We like the idea of no commitment so that you can turn it off & on as required.

Will be a fair few more people wanting to say "screw you Sky" I reckon after the cynical price increase on line rental plus the way they've changed the call charging....

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 12:50:40 AM »

thanks for the warning, it seems they forcing a talk package.

Code: [Select]
16 Dec - 15 Jan (a month)
Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro £30.00
Sky Talk Line Rental £17.40

Code: [Select]
6 Jan - 15 Feb (a month)
Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro £30.00
Sky Talk Line Rental £17.40
Sky Talk Weekends £4.00

notice the weekends package added with a £4 premium, wtf.
Pages: [1] 2

anything