Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: G.INP questions  (Read 7896 times)

Terranova667

Re: G.INP questions
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 08:07:27 PM »

thanks for the answered Questions so far Kitz, shame Nothing will be said about ECI cabs I'm sure us ECI cab users would welcome some acknowledgement that some thing is in the pipeline even if it maybe some time off yet, not knowing anything is just a pain in the butt  :no:

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 08:20:01 PM »

Sit tight, terra ........ G.INP on ECI DSLAMS is currently on hold, but expectations are of a roll-out towards the end of the year.  :)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 08:51:40 PM »

thanks for the info BS, seems a longer wait than before, I guess due to new testing on the latency issue?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 08:58:40 PM »

Alas, I have no info as to why it's taking slightly longer to get to roll-out than previously predicted. But, hopefully good news for the ECI EU's ??  :) :)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 10:52:47 PM »

Why does it take longer for non G.INP enabled Huawei cabs to get the Mk2 and how does the DLM update know if a line was removed off G.INP by line reset or a change of ISP ?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 11:36:11 PM »

yeah I consider it good news as I think it means they decided to be more careful not to upset us.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 11:43:35 PM »

Why does it take longer for non G.INP enabled Huawei cabs to get the Mk2

I should imagine these will be the 'catchups' I mentioned in the main g.inp thread

how does the DLM update know if a line was removed off G.INP by line reset or a change of ISP

Yours will without doubt be the change of ISP which caused your reset as it appears to use a different profile {speed-v-standard}.
I dont think DLM differentiates between the 2, all that it knows is that for some reason DLM was reset.  Any previous profiles are disregarded and the line starts again from scratch as if it was new on the open profile. 

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 12:27:19 AM »

I should imagine these will be the 'catchups' I mentioned in the main g.inp thread

Well i whish they would hurry up because when i last discussed the MK2 rollout you said it will much quicker this time and that does not seem to be the case for me, so as i said many week ago my line should be enabled with Mk2 in an around the 8th of August.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 01:07:18 AM »

As I mentioned in the other thread, the reason why it would be quicker this time is because they only have to update the lines and not the DSLAMs. 

First time around they started in Jan, but the first few weeks were updating the cabs (ie the 10 mins downtime).   They didnt start on the lines until Feb - dates/figures are in other thread - so in reality it took them just slightly under 2 months to do the lines. 

This time they only have to apply Mk2 to the lines so they started end May and by that comparison alone it should be complete mid/end July...  however its already well over half way - You only have to look at MDWS to see that :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Terranova667

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 06:26:40 PM »

Thanks for that Black Sheep, end of the year is a little longer than i would have hoped but at least its something, as Chrysalis says if it's for more testing then that's fine.  :) 

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 02:14:22 AM »

This hasnt been forgotten about.   Although I have had a long conversation about these questions, BT are still being a bit wary in what info they give out with their name to it for the general public release.   My contact is high up and he is he one with all the answers, but Im also aware that he is a busy man and isnt always able to respond immediately :/

Had an email yesterday apologising for the delay but promising some official answers next week.  :fingers:

-----

BTW

MK1 -> MK2 upgrades should now be complete and they are now doing the final mop ups for Huawei lines which didnt get g.inp the first time around.  Full Huawei completion expected within a week.
-----
Pages: 1 [2]

anything