Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: BT Begins UK Rollout of Vectoring to Fix FTTC “Fibre Broadband” Speeds  (Read 28299 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project

I get a peculiar tingle in my whiskers that AndyHCZ (TBB forum) is the AndyH (Plusnet forum) . . .
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tommy45

• Reg Member

Yes i think they are the same too

Mark07

• Reg Member

I don't know AndyH, but I've got a sneaky feeling this statement ..... ' Plusnet's AndyH say NO, it will not gonna to happen' is completely incorrect.  ;) Nuff said.  :)

Love to keep us guessing eh?  ;)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen

Ha ha, yeah ............ it's just my own opinion, but I'm not always right.  ;D

adslmax

• Kitizen

AndyH is the person that I would avoid him.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF

AndyH strikes me as a person that has privileged access to information and then because of that he thinks he is some kind of superior intelligent being, but as kitz pointed out he is misunderstanding a lot of it, and is effectively trying to act as some kind of spokesperson for openreach.

One thing I did point out to him, is when openreach first rolled out g.inp he was telling everyone that it is required on the US as too many lines have errors without it, yet when openreach then changed their stance, he started telling everyone it isnt needed, so basically he hasnt got his own mind but just acts like a spokesperson.

As kitz said we know ignition's background, he has worked for multiple isp's and genuinely does have some knowledge on the subject.  He is much more selective than andyh on what he discloses.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF

I get a peculiar tingle in my whiskers that AndyHCZ (TBB forum) is the AndyH (Plusnet forum) . . .

I think he also posts on the bt community forums, I vaguely remember seeing an andyh a lot when I was a regular on there.

lf2k

Just been browsing the pn forum and this guy just cannot help himself, oh well such is life,  https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140470.msg1240118.html#msg1240118

@Tommy - yea, that's the kind of arrogance I was talking about, from exactly the two people I was thinking of... ::)

So it's a pilot/trial - that doesn't mean it can't be widespread or take in differing parameter/factors to determine whether it's a worthwhile thing - if you've got 20 million lines in the UK, then 1% of those would still be quite large...  Saying that a director in BT thinks it's a pilot doesn't actually give away the scope or nature of the pilot.

It's not so much the message they're trying to convey, it's the way they do it...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 01:42:15 PM by lf2k »

adslmax

• Kitizen

I just walking bypass cabinet and saw openreach engineers (there are about 7 of them with two vans) with a grey boxes (new line card) installed. I asked the guys are vectoring going to be roll out? The guys was surprise me saying "This the vectoring we going to addition on the cabinet soon, very soon".

So, it all seem true.

Mark07

• Reg Member

How many Openreach engineers does it take to install a line card  :D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen

According to some contributors on other forums, none.  ;) ;D

tommy45

• Reg Member

How many Openreach engineers does it take to install a line card  :D
If they are local council trained then 7 bods to install one new card is a little on the low side, example to change a light bulb it takes 10 of them, nine to stand around watching and one to actually carry out the task,lol
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:51:55 PM by tommy45 »

loonylion

• Reg Member

If they are local council trained then 7 bods to install one new card is a little on the low side, example to change a light bulb it takes 10 of them, nine to stand around watching and one to actually carry out the ask,lol

no it isn't, the others are in the van making the tea  :P

Mark07

• Reg Member

According to some contributors on other forums, none.  ;) ;D

I saw that  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

anything