Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: HG635 and G.Inp  (Read 2281 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
HG635 and G.Inp
« on: June 15, 2015, 08:12:11 AM »

Having to consider putting my HG635 back in while I RMA my VMG8924 (unless I can persuade ZyXEL to ship a replacement first  ;) ) I was wondering if it needs a specific firmware level to support G.Inp? Currently it is running 1.04T because there was an issue with the upgrade TT pushed to it and they backed off for me. I think the latest TT f/w is 1.06T. Another options could possibly be to install an original non-isp f/w if I can find one - does anyone know where I might?

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: HG635 and G.Inp
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 06:38:11 PM »

I dont know for certain, but I should hope that 1.04T is g.inp compatible.   The reason I say this is because TT supply the router as an ISP to their users, then it will have had to be tested through the BTlabs and one of the things they test is g.inp.

Depends how old 1.04T is, but the good thing is its a BCM chipset [dont know which model} so it will natively support PhyR, which should mean it will support g.inp

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: HG635 and G.Inp
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 08:45:06 PM »

Thanks Kitz. I know I could get 1.06T which I would hope will support G.Inp but I need to investigate the bug I had to see if it is fixed.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

anything