Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BT broke my connection with their G.inp fix  (Read 10223 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: BT broke my connection with their G.inp fix
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2015, 07:25:28 PM »

I think due to the fact that since the beginning of the rollout they have been surprised at how many Homehubs and ECI modems weren't compatible.  Then theres also the issue of the ECI cabs which dont appear to be able to do upstream either.   Then choosing the most sensible path is to keep g.inp switched off for the upstream.   SINET has always said that upstream is optional.  They tried it and it caused too many issues for too many people so it makes sense that they dont apply it plus this way then its standardised for all and more compatible across all platforms.

The MkI system was a mess and caused large degredations in service so there was no way they could continue with the way things were.   I think BT arent alone in this, when searching I found another foreign ISP who appeared to be having similar issues too.  Cant recall who it was now, but the link is on these forums somewhere.  Italy I think.

I seriously dont think your problem is anything to do with g.inp....  and if it is a fault materialising then regardless if you had g.inp or not before, then the line would still likely have further DLM intervention applied. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2015, 04:43:08 PM »

The thing is that G.INP can fix a lot of issues on upstream without having to resort to interleaving. Openreach should make it selectable by the end user - another thing for Sky to request and add to their fibre pro product perhaps?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2015, 05:21:52 PM »

What is specs of fiber pro as I remember it had some power user stuff because of EX BE users?

I am considering moving to sky.
Pages: 1 2 [3]