Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: BT broke my connection with their G.inp fix  (Read 10227 times)

tommy45

• Reg Member
BT broke my connection with their G.inp fix
« on: June 01, 2015, 10:10:50 PM »

Well my connection went really haywire Both US/DS SNR taking a 1db  nose dive and thousands of FEC errors and increased CRC's also it would appear that for the first time in the past 3 months since it was first rolled out  G.inp is suddenly unable to correct some the errors, what a joke BT  are, So what do i do, disconnect my modem again  (just done so for 1 hr)  and leave off overnight ? do i leave it on so the errors rack up ?  Which will almost certainly lead to DLM breaking the connection further by it adding tones of interleave , what a load of BS this is, if  i can't get this fixed  by adding G.inp back to the upstream, or removing it altogether,  i will cease the connection altogether, sell the pc and go to the pub and very very drunk

PS line rental & voice service would cease to
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:37:04 PM by tommy45 »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: BT broke my connection with their G.inp fix
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 11:36:57 PM »

This what i would do turn off any stats software and don't run a speedtest or ping test for two weeks, you may have developed stats obsessive compulsive disorder and i am not joking.

Take your stats offline for a few weeks and just use the internet watch movies plays games and email and surf, there is more to life than line stats  ;)

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 01:24:33 AM »

This what i would do turn off any stats software and don't run a speedtest or ping test for two weeks, you may have developed stats obsessive compulsive disorder and i am not joking.

Take your stats offline for a few weeks and just use the internet watch movies plays games and email and surf, there is more to life than line stats  ;)
I don't want my connection broken further by DLM , when the fec errors are clocking up at the rate of 1000s per minute it's hard not to worry, I can't be doing with laggy connections , if it was a choice of only laggy or nothing then i would opt for nothing , no joking

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 06:35:00 AM »

I think you really need to take NS's advice. Thousands of FEC a minute is nothing!  At work we've regularly have 600,000 FEC  a minute and we all have no problem.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 07:24:45 AM »

I too would heed NS and Ronski's advice. Get some fresh air.  ;)

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 05:13:30 PM »

I took your advice but when i got home i find that my US SNR has crashed from a healthy 15.2 as it should be on fast path  to 11db, and attainable rate has  crashed too was nearly 30mbps now only 22mbps it's an effing joke this is,

Something is clearly wrong here  just look at the variation in SNR that ain't normal it's either the way they have configured the profiile  or it's a fault with the VDSL or line plant, which is convenient
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:48:32 PM by tommy45 »

Jasonkruys

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »

I'm confused? You seem very upset, yet Your SNR is 11 against a target of 6, and your US sync is 20 against - well actually you are getting the maximum. What have you got to complain about? You are getting the highest speed offered, and despite you seeing changes in your stats that you can only see because you are looking, I doubt there is any perceivable change in your connection speed or quality?
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk (with free typos)

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 08:40:12 PM »

I would LOVE that line!

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 09:05:44 PM »

I'm confused? You seem very upset, yet Your SNR is 11 against a target of 6, and your US sync is 20 against - well actually you are getting the maximum. What have you got to complain about? You are getting the highest speed offered, and despite you seeing changes in your stats that you can only see because you are looking, I doubt there is any perceivable change in your connection speed or quality?
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk (with free typos)
So just because it was only spare noise margin and attainable rate that i have been robbed of ,that means it's ok ? I think not if i had of been  just about able to get the full upstream rate and this had happened would it of still of been ok  if my upstream sync dropped by 7mbps ? No it would not, you have to think about others who may be like me get hit in a similar way, first they  roll-out G.INP that some of the supplied EU hardware is not compatible with , (did they not test this hardware to see if it would support G.inp vectoring ect)?  then they instead of sorting the problem out by supplying new compatible EU hardware or offering an opt out of G.inp   they devised a botch up fix that could have potentially broken even more EU's connections  my circuit operated fine when it was g.inp enabled, why force a change to this that clearly doesn't work in the EU's interests ?

Also as a result of this i am more likely to loss the full sync rates thank't to the bludering BT, if i do i'm gone as said cease both voice and  data or go back to ADSL2+ without any DLM on a LLU network screw bt

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 09:36:34 PM »

Perhaps the decrease in your upstream max attainable rate is due to increased UPBO for you, decreasing the excess upstream power output which won't matter since you're still getting the full speed, for the benefit of reducing crosstalk for other lines.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 10:54:23 PM »

High FEC's counts are not always bad it's showing the forward error correction is working this won't effect your errored seconds.

To-day i have witnessed very large burst of FEC's errors on my line 1.5 million per minute from 11:00am to 18:48pm to-day don't know where this is coming from but the line is stable.

And a wee link is provided by myself it sometimes help when you see it in words
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_error_correction
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:38:55 PM by NewtronStar »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 12:33:24 AM »

tommy looks like new crosstalk rather than a DLM thing.

Neighbour near by probably got FTTC installed.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 12:59:55 AM »

tommy looks like new crosstalk rather than a DLM thing.

Neighbour near by probably got FTTC installed.

Its rather odd to see it on the upstream only, but not impossible.   The time ie 4:30pm doesnt look like anything DLM related and Ive never ever seen anything DLM related kick in the afternoon, nvm late afternoon.  It would also usually mean a resync to change any config params which I cant see any of those either.    I tend to agree with chrys in that under those circumstances it looks more like a crosstalker.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 01:15:07 AM »

That's the easy get out  ooh it's cross talk , i don't buy it, they remove g.inp from the us  and a short time later  i loose some attainable,  just like those who lost  when g.inp was roiled out first time , and they still haven't got it back

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 01:39:34 AM »

Ive just had a look at your config params in the other thread.   Those presumably were at 1pm and before the changes at 4:30pm.   If you want to post those again and we can compare if theres been any changes in the upstream config that could relate to the loss of upstream.

The figures I was looking at were

Code: [Select]
Bearer 0
MSGc: -6 26
B: 130 237
M: 1 1
T: 0 42
R: 8 16
S: 0.0518 0.3781
L: 21468 5374
D: 16 1
I: 139 127
N: 139 254
Q: 16 0
V: 14 0
RxQueue: 60 0
TxQueue: 20 0
G.INP Framing: 18 0
G.INP lookback: 20 0
RRC bits: 0 24

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: [1] 2 3

anything