Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cabinet under review  (Read 6944 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
Re: Cabinet under review
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 07:49:33 PM »

@ Debug,

BT don't have to apply for planning permission as they Have "Code Powers". They do have to apply to the highways authority for road works permission. You would be well advised to set up a daily e-mail on roadworks.org. This will catch all services works including both VM & BT.

Having industrial estates close-by can be a problem if the area is declared uneconomic due perhaps to the high prices BT get for leased lines.

I have enquired of an associate I have within VM if anything is planned.

According to Samknows your exchange is around 1.7 km as you'll see in the picture below.

Kind regards,
Walter

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 09:02:05 AM »

@ Debug,

Just FYI

Hi Walter,
Unfortunately there's no VM service at present and no plans.
You may want to register interest through the 'Cable My Street' link on the Virgin Media website, if enough people apply we will look at the possibility of expansion.
All the best,

Kind regards,
Walter

Debug

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 10:17:27 AM »

Registered with Virgin, i'll encourage the neighbours to do the same ;)

OR did respond to my request, but its pretty generic as expected :

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We are building new network to many more people all the time.We believe this is the fastest rollout of this type anywhere in the world.

You are connected to SUNBURY Exchange cabinet 23 which is currently on hold awaiting further planning.

Rest assured we are doing everything we can to deliver service and as soon as we can tell you more, we will update our availability checker at http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/

I hope this can help you understand that we have a real commitment to delivering superfast broadband to the people and businesses of Britain.

I am sorry that we have not yet provided you with this service.

Yours sincerely,

Alka
Fibre Enquiries team

Im happy they responded, but there's no real info in there.  All i can do is get moved and transfer my Sky account over, then find a router i can tweak from there (the SR102 has no firmware options yet) :lol:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 08:18:49 PM »

Like you say, not much info in there :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Debug

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 02:33:22 PM »

*cries some more*

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 02:46:51 PM »

*cries some more*

That's three times better than what I get  ;D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Debug

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 10:47:09 PM »

@tickmike - its a big step backwards for me, its going to be like 2mb once the kids get in from school and start abusing it!   ::)   I hope you get upgraded soon  :)

I was asked to have a look at the neighbours antivirus software and why it wasnt updating, thought i'd take the opportunity to do a speedtest while i was there. 

Im pretty sure it can do better than that, but as a benchmark it was worse than predicted.

Still,  I'll work with it, see what i can do.... and let The Mouse tell our youngest daughter she cant watch Netflix while dad's working  ;D 
Pages: 1 [2]