Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Blogspot  (Read 2779 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Blogspot
« on: May 28, 2015, 01:30:36 AM »

Im not a blogger and dont use blogspot myself, but I was just reading the Openreach blogspot

No being too au fait with blogspot policies I clicked 'next blog' without thinking too much and expecting to see Openreach's next blog.   
I didn't quite expect to see what I saw next ie quite explicit pictures of both female and male parts and sex acts.   Yeah this is the internet so expect anything, but I think it was more surprising to go from a tech journal to what is obviously a pawn site (deliberately misspelt so I dont get caught in filters myself as has happened in the past).

Blogger's content policy says they allow adult content, I think I was more surprised that I didnt get any warning when using Firefox.    I just checked using chrome and I get a mild warning that any 5 year old could easily bypass.   Presumably at some point in the dim and distant past I must have clicked that for some other perhaps much less explicit blog and it remembered it via a cookie.

Just shows how easy it is to stumble across adult content and child supervision is important.   I suggest tickmike doesnt try it :D  :o
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Blogspot
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 07:52:11 AM »

Just for the hell of it I decided to test this out and I got an Adult Content Warning come up before I could see the next blog. This was using Firefox on Linux.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 09:21:17 AM »

Showing a relatively clean BTOR site here...  :o

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 09:39:11 AM »

Showing a relatively clean BTOR site here...  :o

It's not the BTOR blog but the next blog in their system which could be anything.

Stuart

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 10:28:04 AM »

OMG!

I am clearly half asleep here, sorry :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 10:42:25 AM »

I admit it was my naivety which made me think the 'next blog' would be Openreach's.   

I didnt get any warning when using Firefox, but iirc it also gave me an advert redirect to some sort of investment trader site,  so I dont know if it was a cookie thing on my PC. 

Using chrome I get a warning that is very easily bypassed, and dont get the ad page either.   I use ABP on both browsers so dont know what differences between the two browsers are set.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 11:56:09 AM »

I dont see any "next blog" link to click on.

I was curious to see if the same would happen or if its randomised.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 12:02:23 PM »

The next blog button did not appear until I hit Home on the BTOR blog for some reason. I also got the popup ad and yes it was as easy as clicking OK or YES or Continue (cant remember which) on the warning but I did get it OK in FF.

Stuart

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 09:46:27 PM »

My point was just how easy it is for kids to stumble across indecent content :(   It was the last thing I expected to see when reading Openreach's blog :/ 
I'm surprised that a minor could just have easily done the same thing because it didnt even need any login and would have expected someone like google to do more to protect against blogs containing explicit content.  ???
-----

anything